Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

A doctor prescribed me a combo of Redotex in the morning and 30mg Phentermine HCl at lunch. Is it dangerous?
ReiMei posted:
These are the active ingredients of Redotex:[br>o Tri iodothyronine (Triyodotironina) 75 mcg. A hormone used to increase the metabolic rate of tissues. [br>o Norpseudoephedrine (Clorhidrato de D Norseudoefedrina) 50 mg. An amphetamine like drug. [br>o Atropine sulfate (Sulfato de Atropina) 0.36 mg. Used as a respiratory and circulatory stimulant. [br>o Aloin (Aloina) 16.2 mg. Laxative. [br>o Diazepam (Diacepam) 8 mg. A depressant (Valium). [br>[br>And the Phentermine that I take later at lunch is of the brand Acxion.[br>[br>[br>Is this dangerous? Like I have the prescrition and the meds sitting around because I'm afraid to take both meds in a day. I mean like my blood pressure is fine but what if it rises too much when taking these two meds on the same day? I have not spoken to my doctor yet. He is a bariatric doctor so I presume he knows what he's doing but I'm still nervous about it.

It's not so much that I don't trust him or anything, I just wanted to get a second opinion.

brunosbud responded:
Any questions regarding "side effects" of prescription drugs can be discussed with your pharmacist.

Featuring Experts

Known as the "doc who walks the talk", Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP, is an internationally renowned expert and speaker in women's health,...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Tips
Anyone else try the HCG Diet ? I tried the hcg diet and lost 18lbs in 30 days. Anyone else have any results? More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.