Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

5 hour energy
rainbow24 posted:
would like comments on 5 hour energy drinks, had a doctor tell me the only bad thing was the caffine. but people drink coffee

divray responded:
Recently I gave up on all Redbull, Monster and 5 hr energy kind of things. My reasoning was that I wanted to move away from synthetic stuff. Have found out a more natural product that helped me get off the above long list of things that I was used to.

rainbow24 replied to divray's response:
dr said most of 5 hour energy was vitamins. so what r u doing different. im taking lots of vit. since surgry 12/9/8 . always tired, I have no energy. I think my hormones have been screwed up since surgery. my doc says (because I am 60) its not my hormones. this is primary doc. not my bariatric doc . they r in cooperstown about three hours away. so guess I need to talk to them. ive just had bloodwork done again, usually no problem other then high cholesterol. I had sleep apnea bfor surgery, doc said I prob wouldn't need machine after surgery actually quit bfor surgery, so when I asked bariatric doc if mayb I needed to have another sleep test. he said u can, and they will tell u u need the machine but all u really need is to exercise which seems to b his answer for everything. I did exercise after surgery first couple years , didn't change the way I feel or make me less tired. now she was going to put me on Zoloft , no way .. my next step is, more b6, I had b12 shots for years till that was normal. ill wait for results of bloodwork. then see bariatric doc. and go from there.

Featuring Experts

Known as the "doc who walks the talk", Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP, is an internationally renowned expert and speaker in women's health,...More

Helpful Tips

How to Decrease Your AppetiteExpert
Let's say you've already had a healthy balanced meal so that you're not hungry (hunger is a physical phenomenon and tells the body "I ... More
Was this Helpful?
270 of 335 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.