Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

My New Diet
fenderburn posted:
Hi.. I recently was diagnoset with cirrhosis stage 4 and hepc stage 3,,,I've totally changed my diet to all veggies and turkey, fish, and chicken,,,I eat these same things 7 days a week,,,with some pastas and lots of fruits,,,,,,just in different combinations,,,I stirfry on my stove top and I bake the same food in my oven,,,my question is???? is this a low sodium diet?? I don't add salt but I do love pepper and garlic,,,

brunosbud responded:
Less than 20% of the average American adult's sodium intake is from the salt shaker. The other 80%? Processed Food The biggest source of salt for most Americans? Bread & Cheese If you're eating foods that don't come out of a box, can or plastic bag, you're sodium intake should be at safe levels. Go easy on the oil and fried fats, though, since it's tough to digest. Good luck.

Helpful Tips

Olive oil versus Canola oilExpert
Both oils contain healthy monounsaturated fats but canola actually has less saturated fat than olive oil. Canola is more versatile for ... More
Was this Helpful?
201 of 246 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.