Skip to content

Announcements

this is my first day
theredlucy posted:
This is my first day so am finding my way around the posting of foods eetc. Just learned I have high blood pressure along with asthama so want to work harder on my over all health, I am a spunky 75 but can't seem to lose these last 13 pounds. HELP

totallywiggedout responded:
Hey there spunky.. come over to the 50-100 lb weight loss community and seek Judge advice. She too is a spunky septuagenarian who has lost a hundred lbs with diet and exercise..and has maintained that loss for 9 YEARS. Chat with her eyes a font of information.

Kim
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work --- Thomas Edison

What doesn't kill us makes us stronger---Friedrich Nietzche

totallywiggedout replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Lol not judge...typing on phone
Judy is the lady's name..sorry.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work --- Thomas Edison

What doesn't kill us makes us stronger---Friedrich Nietzche

cjpxx responded:
OK. try this. No need to change your diet except getting rid of the things you know you should not be eating. Replacing white sugar with honey or fruit. No fast foods. Or whatever your bad habits are, if you have any.

Next: Flip flop the norm!

Breakfast = your biggest meal of the day. Forget most of the breakfast foods. Just think about it. Honestly, is this healthy? Just because it's a breakfast food doesn't mean I should eat it for breakfast. Don't be afraid to eat lunch and dinner/supper foods for breakfast. This isn't a meal, though. If you get up a 5:30, you can eat... oh... about 1 CUP worth of food. 6:30, another cup worth of food. 7:30, grab another cup worth of food. That much with a little bit of coffee will get you going.

Lunch = there is no such thing. Again... you're eating heavier earlier in the day but it might be 1 cup worth of food at 9 or 10, and another cup worth of food at noon. At one, you eat just a little bit less than a cup.

Dinner = spreads out more. Instead of 1 cup worth of food at 4, 6, 7, 8, and 9.... it's more like 4, and 7. Dinner is your smallest meal.

You will drop weight. Now, I'm just using an illustration, but if this is a lot more food or a lot less food than what you normally eat, don't adjust to my numbers. You want to teach your body that is has food coming when it wants it, and that it doesn't need to hold onto food. So you need to eat the same amount that you are eating now. Eating less doesn't allow you to lose weight necessarily. Your body will grab onto that food. All you are doing is splitting up your meals into snacks through the day. Same amount. Same food. And on top of that, incorporating what you already know you should be doing that is healthy that you aren't doing - that's always good too.

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.