Skip to content

Announcements

I am very frustrated...
shhhhh22 posted:
It's no lie or secret I am very overweight... last week I decided enough is enough and started doing something about it. I just found out about the food and fitness tracker today and used it... and OMG it said I'm nowhere near my goal. I seriously don't think I can do any more what do you folks think I'm doing wrong? Please help!!

I go to gym every day:

Walk on treadmill for 30 mins (burned 90 calories according to the readout)
Ride Exercise Bike for 10 mins (I started at 2 mins every day I'm adding an extra minute on the bike, today with 10 minutes I burned 90 calories according to the bike readout)

I had a Tuna Sandwhich on Pita for lunch (strictly measured out 1 serving which is half a can) - 80 calories
1 serving of baby carrots (strictly measured out and weighed) - 35 calirues

For dinner 1 serving of hamburger helper (strictly measured out) - 120 calories
1 serving of sweet baby corn (strictly measured out) - 110 calories

1 Honeycrisp apple for an evening snack - 80 calories

mixed in with all this I drink water like crazy and more than exceed the 8 glasses a day requirement.

This is a normal meal schedule and exercise schedule for me for the past week and a half. (Lunch has been exactly the same every day)

Why is the planner saying I'm so far away from my goal?? I feel very full (which to be honest is a surprise to me) and am exercising daily...

What am I doing wrong? Please help!

cindigal responded:
I am kinda in the same boat and if it helps, I heard this saying often "you have to eat often in order for the metabolism to work". Thats what I heard anyway. In my case I am scratching my head because I went to the doc yesterday. I knew i gained....not because I weighed myself, just I knew it because of some slacks not fitting me when they fit me last year. I also go to the gym here and go on the elliptical machine for 30 minutes straight with the arm bar and leg at same time. At home I use my stability ball for sit-ups. I told all this to my doctor because i was highly frustrated that I cant lose. Like you, I am watching the diet and just chicken, cooked any way except fried. I eat lot of fruit and veggies. I do alot smoothies in the morning with greek yogurt which i love and its good for you.

I told all of this to my doctor, you know what he says: that's the problem, fruit is loaded with sugar. If you are making smoothies every morning with fruit the calories, it's not good idea. I was flabbergasted, never in my wild imagination that I would told that smoothies are not good because of fruit are loaded with sugar and bad when you are trying to lose weight. I am perplexed. Getting back to your post, have you thought about switching different proteins instead of tuna with pita. I would think it would be monotonous after awhile. Sometimes the meal planners want you to eat all the food they prescribe.

cindigal

divray replied to cindigal's response:
Hey...I was also in the same boat for a long time...Recently I tried the genetic test that helped me identify what gene type I have and then it helped me pick the right weight loss plan...advantage was that I got an organic weight loss system so I can be sure that there wouldn't be any side effects. Let me know if you would like info too.

cjpxx responded:
This makes sense to me, and I could be wrong, but by your question, I can see why you are frustrated! Keep up the good work! it seems like you are working, and you need some results!

It seems to me that you may have the discipline to duplicate the Bariatric Surgery without having to put your body through surgery. Get up tomorrow morning as if you have had that surgery done. That means you can eat only a little bit at a time. But here's the deal - you can't start starving yourself, because your body will hold onto food if you do that, and it won't work.

Breakfast = your biggest meal of the day? Whoops! We don't say the word meal anymore. You do not use the word breakfast anymore, or the word lunch, supper, or dinner. For early morning type foods, you will eat more of them. And on a side note, start considering how unhealthy some of these early morning type foods are.... muffins, donuts, cinnamon rolls, pop tarts, pancakes... on and on. They are terrible! ... pull out that sandwhich at 6:00 a.m. and cut it into fourths. A turkey sandwich or some left overs. I don't think you should have to measure strictly everything you eat, because it seems like by your list, you aren't necessarily eating as healthy as you could be. Check the box on the back of the hamburger helper. Does it have MSG? When you stop buying anything that has MSG, you're going to have a hard time for a while figuring out what to buy until you're eating steam vegetables, brown right, and meat. Then it'll get easier after that. I think maybe the honey crisp apple may not be enough for your body. Your body may be hanging onto good. I certainly couldn't function on the little bit of food that you are eating, and I am female, weighing 125 lbs. The carrots - did you cook them yourself or heat them up out of a can? Salads - go ahead and make a huge bowl of salad and keep it in your fridge with carrots, celery, or whatever you like in it - and have that available, as well as other snacks, so that whenever you are hungry, you can go eat a few bites. When you are hungry, you eat. This is not a game of measuring! When your body wants food, eat something. But if you eat even 4 bites, and wait for 40 minutes for that to hit your stomach, you shouldn't feel that hunger anymore. Make your measuring game into a game of shrinking your stomach, raising your metabolism, and learning what the healthiest stuff is that you can put into your body. Scrap the idea of "meal" and eat like Cindigal says snacks. If you get up a 5:30, you can eat... oh... about 1 CUP (or maybe just 1/2 cup) worth of food. This is your new "measurement". At 6:30 am, if you're still hungry, eat something else, but keep it down to a few bites. At 7:30 am as you're running out the door for work, if you're still hungry eat something else. But you don't grab a full banana. You cut it, and wrap it up, and save the rest for the next time you eat. Eating several times in the morning will start you off with more food and more energy.

Lunch = there is no such thing. Again... you're eating heavier earlier in the day but it might be a few bites at 9, another few bites at 10, again at noon, and again at 2.

Dinner = spreads out more. You already know this. But don't measure against time. Just measure your bites, and wait 1 hr or if you're starving, at least wait 40 minutes or long enough to know you need more food.

You should drop the weight. Tell yourself you got the bariatric surgery. Your stomach is small. You can't stretch it out again. Your stomach will shrink. Just be careful not to deprive your body of food.

Next: Once you have fat cells on your body, they don't go away. Maybe they do, but it's hard. They get bigger when you gain weight, and at some point, they multiply. The trick - perfect - is to not multiply your fat cells. You have many, so you will have a harder time. You have to shrink them. When you don't eat enough, those cells will hang onto the food.

vimal01 responded:
I had trouble losing weight,too But I finally found the system that worked for me and my friend I have free info about this on site http://fc4bdjq9v5glkmehuw2f-n7p9n.hop.clickbank.net/

moinsme replied to divray's response:
what is the genetic test?

Helpful Tips

Olive oil versus Canola oilExpert
Both oils contain healthy monounsaturated fats but canola actually has less saturated fat than olive oil. Canola is more versatile for ... More
Was this Helpful?
203 of 248 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.