Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Low calories, WebMD diet plan, started period on birth control
teacherjean2 posted:
I have been carefully following the WebMD diet for two weeks. (5'2", starting weight 207) I have been drinking 8-10 glasses of water, sleeping more, increasing fruits, vegetables and proteins. I still have fats and carbs in my diet, I am just trying to make them better choices. I stop eating by 8pm. For me, my calorie goal is 1079. I know that I can over that and my fitness calories can be used to balance. These are my calories per day: 1048, 1075, 1053, 1045, 1659, 1103, 1203, 1164, 1239, 1198, 1215, 1217, 1588, 1079. Sometimes I am eating an evening snack not because I am hungry but to increase my calorie intake for the day. I add in a greek yogurt or fruit or a side dish like chili beans. My exercise has been mostly jogging on the mini tramp (30 minutes average) but also yard work, house work and walking. Nothing extreme. I lost 5.9 pounds the first week and 1.5 this second week. I take continuous birth control pills to prevent my period and this morning I started a period. (Repeat the 21 day cycle of pills - Nortel I/35) I did not skip a pill or take it later than usual. I have been on this birth control for about 3 years. Are my calories too low? Am I following the calories correctly? Why did I start my period? I want to lose weight and keep it off. I want to eat a balanced diet and not exclude any food type. This is why I thought this diet was right for me. I want a combination of diet and exercise in my weight loss plan.

Helpful Tips

Olive oil versus Canola oilExpert
Both oils contain healthy monounsaturated fats but canola actually has less saturated fat than olive oil. Canola is more versatile for ... More
Was this Helpful?
197 of 242 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.