Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Tzavaras posted:
I am looking for support to help me lose more than 100 lbs. I just sign up today and hope to feel motivated to exercise and count the calories too.

cindigal responded:
Hello new member. I wish you success on your journey. I want to about 30 lbs or so and I know it will not come off until I change things. The last time i went to the doc I was frustrated about not being to lose weight. I told him I go to the gym and do the elliptical maching for about 30 minutes steady and then I watch the diet, I love chicken and cook it all any way except fried. I eat fruit and veggies and when I told him that I was making smoothies almost every day, he said to me thats the problem. All fruit i am consuming has lots of sugar and told me to stop the smoothies. I am watching diligently all labels of food when I go to the store.

Have not bought any fruit for 3 weeks now, but I love getting veggies. Also I use to love my orange juice in the morning not knowing it was loaded with sugar. I switched to low sugar juices and I look at sugar gms in general on all labels. It's not hard to do and I am looking for the sugar gms and if I buy anything I I try to get under 10 gm sugar.. Also, looking for calorie and fat gms on labels. I hope I gave some insight as to what I am doing for my weight loss.

cindigal

cbart314 responded:
Hi Tz. I just joined and noticed your post of 2 weeks ago. I was wondering how you are doing and am wishing you the best. This is my first day. I set my first goal as 30 lbs weight loss - then I will adjust for either 10 or 20 more lbs. I am hoping this works. Today I entered my foods in the WebMD chart and found by after lunch I had exceeded my daily allotment of calories by 98 calories - so I walked for 30 minutes in our neighborhood. That gave me 10 calories to work with the rest of the day - so I did 30 minutes of running in place for 30 minutes - now I have some room to eat the rest of the day. I do not know if this approach is going to help me or not but it feels like it should help me keep track of things and that is something that I have not been doing. I have been eat what I want when I want it and have not been active at all. I think this should change this about me and maybe get me started on some weight loss. Please wish me luck - I will need it to stick to this.

Tzavaras replied to cindigal's response:
Hi Cindigal! how is your weight loss journey? I am doing well and have lost 20lbs in 6 weeks by eating a salad for lunch and a bigger salad for dinner with some chicken or fish. Not so much oil in the salad. I do eat about 3-4 servings of fruit. I do make my own smoothie with 3 cups of water, in a blender I add baby spinach, baby kale, 3 frozen strawberries, a few frozen blueberries, couple pieces of frozen banana, 1-2 scoops or protein and drink it from 8am to noon. I read the Eat to Live book by Dr. Joel Fuhrman. Great information!
Wishing you the best!
Olga

Tzavaras replied to cbart314's response:
Hi CB! how is your weight loss journey? I am doing well and have lost 20lbs in 6 weeks by eating a salad for lunch and a bigger salad for dinner with some chicken or fish. Not so much oil in the salad. I do eat about 3-4 servings of fruit. I do make my own smoothie with 3 cups of water, in a blender I add baby spinach, baby kale, 3 frozen strawberries, a few frozen blueberries, couple pieces of frozen banana, 1-2 scoops or protein and drink it from 8am to noon. I read the Eat to Live book by Dr. Joel Fuhrman. Great information!
Wishing you the best!
Olga

cherrie490 responded:
I will be happy to motivate you I am going on 20 pounds lost since June and have dropped 4 pants sizes. Web MD helped me keep track of the kinds of foods I've been eating. I began really looking at the labels and checking the sugar, fat, and carbs in my foods. My diet consists of turkey burgers, Grilled Talipia, Valley Fresh Steamers, Tyson Grilled chicken strips, Whey protein shakes and Almond Milk with Vanilla. I use the NOS Powder 10 minutes before I exercise and I am taking Garcinia Trim to assist with fat loss. See Dr Oz on Garcinia Cambogia. I am also taking a 1000mg dose of Fish Oil with Omega 3. I burn a minimum of 400 calories on my elliptical each day. The NOS helps me go longer and harder. Do your research on the computer and use google for any answers to your questions. There is a ton of information out there. I hope I helped

cherrie490 replied to cindigal's response:
A great smoothie made with whey protein.

Ice

Whey Protein chocolate or vanilla or strawberry

Almond milk unsweetened with vanilla

The great fruit is Blackberries and blueberries

Tzavaras replied to cherrie490's response:
Thank you Cherrie! Losing 20 pounds is great and 4 pants sizes! Keep up the good work. I am at the gym at least 2 to 3 hours every day. Taking all different classes and started to feel great! I will have to search the NOS... Eating right and exercising is the only way to lose the weight. How much more you have to lose. I would like another 80-90 lbs... But this time I am determined to do it!! Have a great day!
Olga

Tzavaras replied to cherrie490's response:
Add some baby spinach and kale to the smoothie with frozen strawberries. Just delicious!

cbart314 responded:
Tzavaras.....I need support too. I love WebMD weight loss plan - but for some reason I think I am sabotaging it. I lost 7 pounds in the first two weeks and it was so easy by balancing what I was eating with activities. But for some reason I just quit opening my WebM diet and weigh-in......I don't know why - I was being successful!

I need to lose 60 pounds - and I have to keep going. Maybe sharing the experience with someone else will help me.

I wish you the best with this. I noticed your post was 10months ago - how are you doing with it now?

CB

Featuring Experts

Known as the "doc who walks the talk", Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP, is an internationally renowned expert and speaker in women's health,...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Tips
Anyone else try the HCG Diet ? I tried the hcg diet and lost 18lbs in 30 days. Anyone else have any results? More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.