Skip to content

Announcements

Weight gain after Gastric Bypas
Anon_10930 posted:
I was 305 in 2002 and had surgery and lost down to 165. 11 years later I'm up to 240 and I'm really worried about gaining more. I'm checking to see if anything can be done to help me lose some. I'd be happy to lose 50-60 lbs. I've tried diets and nothing works.

brunosbud responded:
The top five favorite things you liked to eat before your surgery...Are you still eating them?

SharonNVirginia responded:
"You on a diet" by Drs. Roizen and Oz helps you understand your digestive system. Then you will be more likely to embrace the eating regime they propose at book's end. I was very skeptical. Diet after diet has failed for me. But I have identified the choices for me that satisfy my appetite and more important MAKE ME FEEL BETTER. Do you feel lousy? Are you always tired? Constantly hungry? Wind up eating all the wrong things? This could help. But trust me if you go straight to the eating instructions, you will miss out. Every day, I think to myself "I am not feeding my fat cells. My omentum is shrinking. This will bring down my high cholesterol. By tracking my food and exercize on the Diet and Fitness tracker by Webmd.com, I can see that I am controlling sodium and fat intake as well as calories." "Why We Get Fat And What To DO About It " explains why the Standard American Diet (SAD) makes some people obese.

Go to the 50-100 pounds overweight group and check "PinkisNancy" she is 2 months out from a Roux-en-y. Nancy has heavily researched and knows why GBS fails. Look for online support groups. It's helping me.

Helpful Tips

Metric for weight loss for busy people
When things get extremly busy and weight loss must occur try writting everything down. I started that a long time ago and got away from it. ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.