Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Looking for a support group for weight loss
Weareready posted:
I'm interested to find some people just starting out on a weight loss program. Looking quickly through here, there are a lot of advertisements, and I'm trying to find real people that are wanting a general weight loss program where we can encourage each other to be more healthy. I need to lose about 25 lbs. Thanks for any tips!

3456789 responded:
Same here

An_252706 responded:
my goal is to lose 20 lbs by September. It's not going to be easy in the beginning, but i'm hoping with time it'll just be routine.

An_252709 responded:
Hi I would like to join to. As I want to lose my baby weight. So how are we going to start this? Calorie restriction diet? 1500 calorie a day with exercise? Please specify the diet, the date we going to start and so on.

Thank you

An_252771 replied to An_252709's response:
I'm looking more for support in the process rather than a specific diet. I think we all know what we need to do, question is, how to we get and stay inspired to lose those 20 lbs?

SharonNVirginia replied to An_252771's response:
There is a core of about 10 in the 50-100 pound group who are on here daily. Even though you don't have as much to lose, you would be welcomed. And there are several who have lost 100 pounds. Lots of wisdom there.

Click on the 50-100 group to join us.

Sharon

dolsgirl replied to SharonNVirginia's response:
Hi Sharon,

In 2007 I gained 65 pounds secondary to severe insomnia which was just diagnosed last fall as sleep apnea. I've been on the CPAP machine which is incredibly difficult & tough to wear even the 4 hours a night required. But, here I am @ 5:30 AM awake even w/medication in me, Ambien CR, Benedryl, Tranxene (this night) & still no sleep. But, even when I am getting some sleep it hasn't made my weight return to my previous size 5 that was normal for me. I'm @ my wits end. I also went to a holistic doctor in the summer of 2012 who put me on the HGH liquid & I followed the diet to a T and did not lose one pound!! She sent me back to my regular PCP & advised me that she had to find out what was wrong as she never had a patient that did not lose weight on the HGH diet & using the expensive supplement.

People always assume that fat people are fat because they eat too much. Well, they might not be sleeping & that's the problem for me. It's been tough. Because of the weight gain I am now having knee problems. I have moderate to severe arthritis & a torn meniscus & surgery is being scheduled. The reason I am opting for the surgery is because of how tough it's been to do any exercise except for my daily walks, had been up to 4 a day for a total of 4 miles but I can't even go around my block now because of the knee issues.

W/sleep disorders your body produces more cortisol & another hormone that I think begins w/a "G" which both slow metabolism and increase your appetite as you are awake so many more hours of the day.

Anyone else have any suggestions??

ChewTimer replied to dolsgirl's response:
I created Chew Timer to help me control my bad habit of chewing to fast and eating too much ever since I was a kid. I have been using the FREE app myself for 3 weeks now. I just recently quit using the app because after using it for 3 weeks I have it in my head to count my chewing and Chew Timer has helped me get there on my own. I just needed a little help and I could not find it so I created it. It is available for FREE on Android now and in about 1 or 2 weeks when Apple ok's it will be available for free for the iPhone. The best thing about this app is you can set the time between vibrations or beeps and put it in your pocket so others don't look at you and say why can't you just count on your own. Why do you need help controlling your chewing are you nuts. A lot of people don't have a problem and don't understand why you have a problem with such a simple thing.

Featuring Experts

Known as the "doc who walks the talk", Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP, is an internationally renowned expert and speaker in women's health,...More

Helpful Tips

Just discovered an amazing weight loss aid for someone with a sweet tooth
The biggest struggle I am facing while trying to lose a couple of pounds, is craving to sweets. I recently discovered a wonderful product, ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.