Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Fish oil with thyroid medication and factor 5 disorder?
rowej83 posted:
Hello,

This is my first time posting so I appreciate any feedback that is possible.

I originally wanted to speak with my doctor about this but he insisted I had to make an appointment in order speak about this - I can not take a day off from work just to ask if I can take a vitamin safely, which is why I am here..

Currently, I take 25MCG tab of Levothyroxin due to having a hyopthryoid.. also, I have diagnosed with Factor 5 blood disorder but was told only to take a baby aspirin and am not taking things like warfarin or cumadin.

I have been dieting that last few weeks and was interested in taking a natural vitamin to help lose weight ( no gimicks ) and noticed the benefits of fish oil ( omega - 3 ). I also noticed that they suggested to find out if it is safe if your taking blood thinners. My question is wether or not it would be safe to taking http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000SE5SY6/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1WPZCVZZBOGCN

which is 750 mg of omega -3 fatty acids, twice a day.

Please let me know if any other information is needed and thank you in advance.

Helpful Tips

Olive oil versus Canola oilExpert
Both oils contain healthy monounsaturated fats but canola actually has less saturated fat than olive oil. Canola is more versatile for ... More
Was this Helpful?
199 of 244 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.