Skip to content

Announcements

Trouble getting back to eat
DeeanaF posted:
Hello,

I am very frustrated with my situation. I am overweight (5.7" and 200lbs) and have been fighting with weight my entire life. Mostly, my diets were unsuccessful but, lately I am determined to do anything to lose weight. I was always somewhat active (Occasionally Zumba, Tennis, walks). Lately, I was a bit depressed and stopped eating for almost two weeks (I would have some salad once in two days!). Now, for two and a half weeks, I have been trying to get back on eating normally, step-by-step, increasing my food every day. However, every time I put something in my mouth now, I gain weight! I consume maybe 1000 calories (barely) a day now but, I only gain weight (I eat mostly healthy salads or soups). This past month (2 weeks of not eating and 2.5 weeks of trying to start eating normally) I've been also exercising a lot. I do at least 3 times a week Zumba (and try to walk to the gym - 30mins of fast walking), 2 times a week walking/running outside for about 40mins (till I'm dripping sweat) and the rest of the days I try to either swim, play tennis (but sometimes I have 1-2 days a week to rest).
I know that not eating is not good for my body but, now I am trying to get better AND loose weight. Can someone help me on this? What do I need to do?

Thank you!

Helpful Tips

Olive oil versus Canola oilExpert
Both oils contain healthy monounsaturated fats but canola actually has less saturated fat than olive oil. Canola is more versatile for ... More
Was this Helpful?
203 of 248 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.