Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Protein
BabyBoyd99228 posted:
I am having trouble getting my 60+ grams of protein everyday. Other than meat, does anyone have any suggestions?

An_252848 responded:
Try adding protein supplement:powder or drinks. Each scoop of powder protein has about 25 to 28 gr. of protein

Asufish replied to An_252848's response:
I use a whey protein isolate from a health food store. You can mix it with milk or water.

PetuniaPea responded:
Have to agree, protein powder is the best bang for your buck. You can consume a fairly large amount of protein for few calories. It's quick to drink, and when you find the type you like and blend it with fruit and your favorite beverage or liquid, it can be quite tasty.

I used to use whey protein powder, then I switched to either hemp protein powder or brown rice protein powder. All of these protein powders have great--but different--amino acid profiles. You can do more research on that, if amino acids interest you.

Also, other foods contain protein, so you don't have to eat just meat. I don't eat meat, and I get all my protein from grains like quinoa and oatmeal, beans, lentils, nuts, seeds, vegetables, and as mentioned above, protein powder. Some brands of non-dairy milk also add additional pea protein.

Plus there's yogurt, non-dairy for me (coconut milk or almond milk is what's in it), and regular low fat dairy for you. Low fat cheese also has lots of protein. So as you can see, there's tons of ways to get protein besides meat!
http://www.thedoctorstv.com/GreenFish/posts

Featuring Experts

Known as the "doc who walks the talk", Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP, is an internationally renowned expert and speaker in women's health,...More

Helpful Tips

Just discovered an amazing weight loss aid for someone with a sweet tooth
The biggest struggle I am facing while trying to lose a couple of pounds, is craving to sweets. I recently discovered a wonderful product, ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.