Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

meal bar replacement suggestion needed
mad_mike posted:
as a hypoglycemic, i've used the Glucerna meal bars for years to help control my spikes. after trying all of the different bars, i found the chocolate/peanut version to help me the most. using the bar with carefully chosen meals, i've lost nearly 80 lbs and have kept the majority of it off for way over a year.

the past several months, they've been difficult to find, and i finally inquired at their website and was told it had been discontinued and they suggested i try another type.

sorry, i've been there.

i need a quick fix for this, my supply is dwindling (i buy ahead) quickly. the chocolate/peanut combo seems best at keeping the spikes from happening. maybe the fat/sugar content, not sure.

so rather than reinvent the wheel, i'm hoping some of you here have found a workaround?

mad_mike responded:
no one else uses this product i guess. glucerna has several good bars, but the peanut/chocolate for me, is the best. i hate to see it go.

i've tried the others and they're ok, but i don't think i could eat as them as often.

i bought a couple of boxes of extend? i think they're called. supposed to keep sugar levels even for up to 9 hours. i'll give them a go for a few days and see.

for me, keeping the weight off is more difficult than losing it, and the worst part of keeping it off, is the cravings i have when my sugar drops. i'm not really hungry, i just feel the need to eat. if i can keep the sugar level, i don't get the shakes and don't get hungry. sometimes i forget to eat, even. can you believe that? never in my life have i had THAT problem!

Featuring Experts

Known as the "doc who walks the talk", Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP, is an internationally renowned expert and speaker in women's health,...More

Helpful Tips

Olive oil versus Canola oilExpert
Both oils contain healthy monounsaturated fats but canola actually has less saturated fat than olive oil. Canola is more versatile for ... More
Was this Helpful?
195 of 240 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.