Skip to content

Announcements

3 Weeks In And I am On A Roll
Fittrim168 posted:
I'm 3 weeks into this new healthy living, and I have to say that I am on a roll, and loving it. My energy levels are off the chart and I am feeling and looking great. I signed up for a gym membership and hired a personal training on July 19th. I have a P.T. session once a week. Out of 27 days (# of days since joining the gym), I have gone to the gym 14 of those days, and I have worked out at home between 1/2 hour-45 minutes for 10 of those days. Total days exercised: 24. Thus far, I have lost 10lbs., and at least 11 inches, I only counted the inches from the thighs, hips, waist, and breasts. I am not using any supplements, no diet pills, or diet liquids. I simply have discovered...WHAT foods to eat, and WHEN. I track my calories on two different online sites and I typically have been taking in between 300-450 calories per meal (breakfast, lunch, and dinner), and have not felt hungry. I have gotten full off of some meals that have been less than 300 calories. I find that to be pretty amazing. Every now and again I will have either a morning or afternoon snack. Not daily though.

Prior to making the decision to start doing something about getting rid of the excess weight, I never paid attention to how many calories I was taking in. Since starting this new way of living, I try to count the calories in everything that I eat and drink. I'm a numbers person, so food math is fun and easy for me. I understand that this may not be everyone's cup of tea. Speaking of TEA...green tea, black tea, and cinnamon tea, mixed together, makes a great energizing drink, and there are so many health benefits from mixing the three teas together. You may want to add some Stevia to it or another natural sweetener, otherwise the taste will be quite bitter. I would not suggest drinking this tea mix after 3:00 or so in the afternoon, otherwise, you may not be able to sleep at night.... I wrote all of this to say to those of you struggling to get started, or lose the excess weight, if you are not already doing so, start tracking your calories. The time of day that you eat is important as well, especially if you are working out regularly. It may not be as hard as you think. May the force be with you...

Helpful Tips

Metric for weight loss for busy people
When things get extremly busy and weight loss must occur try writting everything down. I started that a long time ago and got away from it. ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.