Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Dieting a way of life since I was Young
Crowbird posted:
I have watched my weight ever since I was 12 yrs old, when I became aware of my weight from others saying behind my back that I was fat. My whole family are overweight people, know that is not an excuse. Is there no time in a life time that food can be enjoyed as you want it & not feel guilty and suffer by putting on pounds. I know loose a few & reward yourself! RIGHT!! I'm at least 70 pounds overweight. 65 yrs old. Mod. activity, a nurse working part time because I retired. I can go on & on. I'm sure there is others know where I'm coming from.

brunosbud responded:
When I feed my dog, there's two "kinds" of food that I must consider...The kind he "wants" and the kind he "needs". Since I want him to live a long, happy & healthy life and I hate paying for costly vet bills, it's easy to exercise "reasonable" moderation...

Maybe we should look at ourselves the same way we look at our pets...

Featuring Experts

Known as the "doc who walks the talk", Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP, is an internationally renowned expert and speaker in women's health,...More

Helpful Tips

Just discovered an amazing weight loss aid for someone with a sweet tooth
The biggest struggle I am facing while trying to lose a couple of pounds, is craving to sweets. I recently discovered a wonderful product, ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.