Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Food and Fitness Planning on this website not working
holidays351 posted:
Help Please !!! Is there anyone out there that uses this tool here and has found that the food log does not keep you inital first food entries visual they disappear to look at but the calories and food groups still show that you are over in carbs, sodium, fiber etc. Please let me know It is not working now for me Thanks L

An_253481 responded:
I had a great experience for the first six weeks. My exercise consisted a lot of just wrestling with the web site. I couldn't find common foods like "egg" or "1% milk".
But just recording my food intake and the things I did for exercise seemed to make me more attentive to what I was doing. I lost 13 pounds. Then I got the flu and all thoughts of dieting went out the window.
I haven't found my way back yet.
About the exercise -- the same problem. Stairs in the house don't count. Just walking doesn't either. So I got a lot (not a little) creative and found stuff that seemed similiar and used that. But I found that frustrating so I skip that now.
If anyone can address these issues to us, both "L" and I would appreciate it. Thanks, Dell

thetammyjo responded:
It really annoys me when the food log or the exercise log does not work and it looks like it has "lost" an entry when instead it is still counting it.

This makes it very difficult to keep track.

I've reported this problem to the website three times and I get no answer and nothing is fixed.

It can go days or even weeks without a problem and then huge problems such as today when it "lost" 500 calories worth of food entries.

Archie5412 responded:
I have the same problem. Entries get lost from the daily food log but are still counted in the summary. I agree with An_253481 from about 3 weeks ago who stated that the food and fitness tool does help you be more mindful of what you are doing food and fitness-wise. But the counters just aren't offering reliably accurate information. You can count it up yourself on a separate calculator which is hardly worthwhile. I just pay more attention to the daily logs than anything else. I have not had any problems with the exercise log counting walking and stair climbing.

Helpful Tips

How to Decrease Your AppetiteExpert
Let's say you've already had a healthy balanced meal so that you're not hungry (hunger is a physical phenomenon and tells the body "I ... More
Was this Helpful?
273 of 338 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.