Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

weight loss and cleanse products
wsansing posted:
My wife and I are middle-agers and committed to losing weight and improving our lifestyle. We recently tired a 30 day routine of Plexus with much disappointment. We do feel better, but believe this is due to better eating, rest, and beginning to exercise. Can you recommend the best weight loss and cleanse products? Even if the Plexus had worked as expected, we can't afford the $200/month....or don't want to. A local full-gym membership isn't but about 25 bucks...are we just overlooking the obvious? Exercise, Eat Right, Sleep enough, and Drink plenty of water? We do feel the cleanse thing might be worth something.

brunosbud responded:
http://www.nwcr.ws/

The National Weight Control Registry was established in 1994 by Rena Wing, PHD from Brown Medical School and James O. Hill, PHD from the University of Colorado. It's the largest prospective investigation of long-term successful weight loss maintenance.

Of the over 10,000 members in this ongoing study, why not research how many members attribute "cleanse" to their improved health and long term weight loss success? Good luck and congratulations on your renewed commitment.

Question: Why is it when a child is not performing well in the classroom, the first solution is to find them a "tutor"?

Healthy Students = Successful Learners
http://www.nemours.org/content/dam/nemours/www/filebox/service/preventive/nhps/pep/healthacademfs.pdf

"You cannot educate a child who is not healthy and you cannot keep a child healthy who is not educated."
Dr. Jocelyn Elders, former US Surgeon General

I mention this quote because it applies, exactly, to the student's parents!

You cannot lose weight if you are not healthy and you cannot maintain weight loss if you're not educated!

Featuring Experts

Known as the "doc who walks the talk", Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP, is an internationally renowned expert and speaker in women's health,...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Tips
Anyone else try the HCG Diet ? I tried the hcg diet and lost 18lbs in 30 days. Anyone else have any results? More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.