Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Maintaining Weight Loss
femmefatale posted:
Hey guys! So quick question... I'm 5'3" & 114 lbs. I worked out everyday & burned 1000 calories on the treadmill to get to my current weight. Now I just want to focus on maintaining my weight so I turned to WebMd for help. According to WebMd I should have 2286 calories a day & burn 100 calories a day (my daily goal is 2186 cals). I DO NOT believe I can maintain my weight living like that. I'm just really confused so any advice is welcome! xoxo

DK360 responded:
I think its more important to worry about the amount/quality of nutrients you are getting instead of the amount of calories you eat when it comes to weight management, because your body storing fat is a response to an imbalance in your body- like the lack of nutrients in the food your eating or other poor eating habits. so if you keep the right balance of nutrients in your body, and this has worked for me, then your body has no need to store fat. I've found that this method keeps your body at its natural, healthy bodyweight

22auntiet replied to DK360's response:
Thank you! This makes much more sense why the body stores fat.

femmefatale replied to DK360's response:
Thank you! That helped!

DK360 responded:
You're welcome! ha this philosophy has done really well for me so I'd just thought i'd share it, so basically if you can get all your nutrients in one place (like a protein or meal-replacement shake; I drink the manna shake every day, which i highly recommend) then you don't really have to worry so much about whatever else you eat because your body will probably just get rid of it

Helpful Tips

Olive oil versus Canola oilExpert
Both oils contain healthy monounsaturated fats but canola actually has less saturated fat than olive oil. Canola is more versatile for ... More
Was this Helpful?
197 of 242 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.