Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Weight loss buddy
An_253400 posted:
Looking for a weight loss buddy to help each other loose weight.looking for a women over 60 with same problem

Patti

gamgam41moore responded:
I am a 72 year old female and need to get rid of 50 lbs. I eat pretty healthy and never eat fast food or in restaurants and cook 95 percent from scratch meals. I know I don't exercise enough or walk as much as I should,as I have bone to bone osteoarthritis, which is no excuse. I just need to give and receive support from one who has similar downfalls to get enthused to move forward, not stagnate, which is pretty much how I feel now. Let me know if you are interested in sharing our striving for a better life ahead. Daisy

winnercla replied to gamgam41moore's response:
also looking for a buddy need daily contact to keep on track I am in my late 50's and eat well and try to walk but it is easy to blow off. need to lose about 45 lbs. maybe we can help each other.

theresatlc replied to gamgam41moore's response:
Hi Daisy,
I I related so much to your post.
I am 71 years old and had bone on bone hip problem that had me laid up for a year until I had hip replacement surgery a few months ago and no longer have any pain in it.
I also had knee replacement 4 years ago and have so much arthritis in other knee doctor wants me to address it sometime soon but I do not want to unless it means a wheel chair.
My knees are extremely sensitive to damp weathertr and it is too painful to walk much.
With fall weather around the corner and hopefully some drier weather I will resume walking especially with my two little Shihtzus.
I do exercise in pool which will be closing in a week or so but have a heated pool to go to for a very reasonable price. The pool exercises are more effective and don't hurt while doing them.
I need to lose about fifty pounds also and am on a diabetic diet
I cook almost all my meals from scratch also. I like to batch cook and add salad and fresh vegetables with my meals.
I would love to be a diet buddy if you still need one.
my screen name is theresatlc

theresatlc replied to gamgam41moore's response:
Hi Daisy,
I responded to your request for sharing our striving for a better life ahead.
My name is theresatlc
email: terribill2@comcast.net
if still interested check out my reply and please respond

thisismylife11 responded:
Hi!
here are some interesting , easy and beneficible diet recipes and diet plans for people who want to lose weight quickly and healthy
http://www.bestjuicedietrecipes.com/
good luck

Featuring Experts

Known as the "doc who walks the talk", Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP, is an internationally renowned expert and speaker in women's health,...More

Helpful Tips

How to Decrease Your AppetiteExpert
Let's say you've already had a healthy balanced meal so that you're not hungry (hunger is a physical phenomenon and tells the body "I ... More
Was this Helpful?
270 of 335 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.