Skip to content

Announcements

22 and obese
ajzmommy2010 posted:
I have a beautiful three year old and I have not been able to get my body back into shape after having him, I mean don't get me wrong, I never was that flat stomach, belly shirt wearing girl but I was happy with myself before I got pregnant, and I gained a massive amount of weight when I was pregnant and even more after I had my son. I think it might have a lot to do with me not ever leaving the house, I don't have anywhere to go, and I don't have the energy to just go on a walk, believe me I've tried to force myself. And i'm and emotional eater. Food is my best friend. I eat when Im mad, depressed, sad, anxious, and worst of all when im bored. I eat for everything. I feel stuck, I have no motivation and I devote all my time to house work and taking care of my son because of my horrible childhood I vowed he wouldn't live the same one, and because of that I don't have any friends anymore because they weren't the kind of people I wanted around my son. He comes first, which is also the reason I need help. For him, so I can play army man with him on the ground and crawl around with him and chase him and run with him. I cant do any of that. One lap around the couch and im dying almost literally. Im 22 years old, and I am almost three hundred lbs. That's not okay, not only in Americas society and views of beauty but health wise as well. as I said lack of motivation, and my extreme emotions and bordom, I have to be forced to do things. and I don't mind being forced because that's what I need, but I don't have anyone to force me without being rude or controlling about it. I need help and I will listen to ANYONE! if anyone feels they have any kind of advice what so ever then please feel free to comment. I am eager to make a change. I just can't, unfortunatly, do it alone.

brunosbud responded:
I have a daughter a year older than you and I'll simply say, this...You're thinking the right thoughts and asking the right questions. A child's health is a parent's most important responsibility. Good health and a strong body is the ultimate "competitive advantage" a child can own. If he grows up fat, you've compromised not only his chance for success and happiness but your's, as well. Quid pro quo, baby! No matter what your mom and dad's (and their mom and dad''s) waist line measured, your child's weight is controllable and he will follow his parent's lead. If you eat junk, he'll eat junk. That's how life on this planet works...always has, always will be.

You're asking the right questions. That's a good thing! Keep asking, keep questioning, yourself, and your boy will someday blow your mind!

ajzmommy2010 replied to brunosbud's response:
Hey thanks for the positive reinforcement, my son is very important to me and I don't want him to turn up like me, but he doesn't eat like I eat. He eats plenty of fruits and vegetables, baked meat, and maybe a cookie for desert but that's as far as it goes, when it comes to my son I don't let him eat what he wants. His father is a tall thin Native American, and they normally don't have weight problems, and my son has his body build, so I don't feel there's a problem there but just in case im cautious. I just cant seem to follow my own advice. unfortunately.

Helpful Tips

Olive oil versus Canola oilExpert
Both oils contain healthy monounsaturated fats but canola actually has less saturated fat than olive oil. Canola is more versatile for ... More
Was this Helpful?
204 of 249 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.