Skip to content

Announcements

HELP! I need help losing weight...
biancavee208 posted:
Hi there, so my Bianca. I am 21 yrs old & have dealt with weight problems my whole life. I really want to change, but I need some support. I don't have very much of it. Many people are surprised by this because I cover it up so well, but I am 350 lbs. I am just sick of my body. People always tell me how well I carry myself & how beautiful I am, but I just don't feel it. I am getting married next year & I just want to feel amazing on my wedding day & wedding night. & I just want to have more energy to do things I wish I could do. I also am on the borderline of having diabetes & I also have high blood pressure because of my weight. I haven't had my menstrual cycle in over a year & really want to have children within the next few yrs & I don't want my weight to effect me being able to conceive & I want to have a healthy pregnancy & be an energetic mommy. PLEASE I need your help on anything that could help me on my weightloss journey. Thanks so much!! <3

brunosbud responded:
NWCR Facts
You may find it interesting to know about the people who have enrolled in the registry thus far.

• 80% of persons in the registry are women and 20% are men.
  • The "average" woman is 45 years of age and currently weighs 145 lbs, while the "average" man is 49 years of age and currently weighs 190 lbs.
  • Registry members have lost an average of 66 lbs and kept it off for 5.5 years.
  • These averages, however, hide a lot of diversity:
    • Weight losses have ranged from 30 to 300 lbs.
    • Duration of successful weight loss has ranged from 1 year to 66 years!
    • Some have lost the weight rapidly, while others have lost weight very slowly--over as many as 14 years.
    [blockquote> [/blockquote>
  • We have also started to learn about how the weight loss was accomplished: 45% of registry participants lost the weight on their own and the other 55% lost weight with the help of some type of program.
  • 98% of Registry participants report that they modified their food intake in some way to lose weight.
  • 94% increased their physical activity, with the most frequently reported form of activity being walking.
  • There is variety in how NWCR members keep the weight off. Most report continuing to maintain a low calorie, low fat diet and doing high levels of activity.
    [blockquote> [/blockquote>
    • 78% eat breakfast every day.
    • 75% weigh themselves at least once a week.
    • 62% watch less than 10 hours of TV per week.
    • 90% exercise, on average, about 1 hour per day.
http://www.nwcr.ws/Research/default.htm

The National Weight Control Registry (NWCR), established in 1994 by
Rena Wing, Ph.D. from Brown Medical School, and James O. Hill, Ph.D. from the University of Colorado, is the largest prospective investigation of long-term successful weight loss maintenance.

I posted this so you could see how members of this select group
lost the weight. You have to change what you eat. You have to
exercise. You have to be consistent. You have to believe in
what you're doing and follow through. Everybody wants to lose weight.
But, it's so darn easy to give up and quit.

I suggest you read the "success stories". Each person shares a
different journey. But, they were all motivated to change their
lives enough to stay committed no matter what.

JillForest responded:
Hi Bianca, I think anything you put your mind to you will be able to accomplish. I would suggest finding something that helps you get on a routine to help with eating right and daily exercise. There is a new program coming out called 21 Day Fix- (http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/21-day-fix-simple-fitness-eating.do ) which helps you learn healthy eating habits and portion control as well as daily exercise videos. This would be a good place for you to start to get back on the right track. Check out Pinterest for your daily motivation too! I also go on there when I feel down and not in the mood to work out.

thisismylife11 responded:
Hi Biancavee208!
don't be nervous , it isn't too hard to lose weight , you need to organise your daily meals , i recommend you this interesting website , there are many easy & effecient diet plans , many easy, healthy and delicious recipes, juice diet recipes, soup diet recipes, and many other interesting informations and advices:
http://www.bestjuicedietrecipes.com
Good luck!!

momtotatertotX4 responded:
Hey! I am a mother of 4 girls. My last pregnancy I carried twins to 38 weeks! Needless to say I gained my share of weight. I tried several diets and after a few days I would give up because I wouldn't see or feel any difference. My friend told me about something that so far is working for me. In the last 2 months I have lost 19lbs! I feel great and have a lot more energy! It was kind of expensive so I just ordered a week worth at first to try it-then I was hooked. I ordered it from www.heathercrouch.myplexuspruducts.com
hope this helps. No matter what you are as beautiful as you KNOW you are! Happy wedding day!

biancavee208 replied to JillForest's response:
Thank you, I will check it out!

biancavee208 replied to thisismylife11's response:
I heard juicing makes you crazy cause you can't eat lol have you tried it?

biancavee208 replied to momtotatertotX4's response:
Thank you!! What's involved in it? Like is it a pill or?

thisismylife11 replied to biancavee208's response:
Hi!
my sister has tried it , and she was very happy by the result , if you want to lose waight quickly do check http://www.bestjuicedietrecipes.com/latest-diet-offers/ >how to lose weight quickly?
good luck!!

mhelenburg replied to biancavee208's response:
Just remember you did not get to your weight over night and
there is nothing out there that will make you lose it over night
or in a few a months. It will take time patience a change in
your lifestyle and of course a change in the choices in the
foods you choose to eat. There are no quick fixes. There is a good place to go for some really good recipes called
spark.com. You can even put your own recipes in to see
how many calories they are and then you tweak them to
get them low calorie low fat low carb. I wish you great luck on your weight loss journey.

charicet responded:
Hi Bianacee208,

First off, congrats on your decision to change to a healthy lifestyle. It's really important to have this commitment and make make weight loss a TOP priority. If you're in the right mindset, then it's easier to achieve the goals.

The key to weight loss is to stick to a program and follow through. Most people fail when they make such a dramatic change in their lifestyle from the start that they are not able to keep up. Change your lifestyle slowly to something you are comfortable with until it kicks in as a habit.

Here are my suggestions to start living a healthy lifestyle:

1. Diet: try the Paleo diet or something similar. Eat only lean meat and fiber rich food. Have one cheat day to eat anything you want (kinda like a reward). No white carbohydrates (anything white like bread, rice, pasta)

2. Exercise: follow a home dvd workout program. They work!!! The movements will get your body moving and activate all the muscles which will burn more fat. Any program by Beach Body and Jillian Michaels is great. Just pop in the video and follow it.

3. Natural supplements: first note that supplements are "additions" to your healthy routine and will boost your efforts. If you take them without a healthy lifestyle, it defeats the purpose of taking them. Supplements like Garcinia Cambogia can be effective but the results vary across different people.

Here's the BIGGEST tip: Drink WATER only. Water has SO many benefits that everyone overlooks. It boosts metabolism and controls your appetite. It flushes out your body's toxins and keeps you energize. Drink LOTS of water.

Hope this helps. This is really it. Don't over complicate it. It just takes time.

Charice
http://superfruitdiet.net

hxhman replied to charicet's response:

Hi How are you ?
Believe it or not, your primary care physician may be one of the best places to start in your search for how to lose weight quick. Your doctor can refer you to a nutritionist who can take into consideration how much weight you have to lose and what eating program that you can start right away to lose the most weight possible in both a quick and safe manner.
The good thing about consulting with your doctor is that he or she will help you to avoid those unsafe quick weight loss gimmicks. You know the ones that pull water from your body but don't teach you how to lose the fat or how to keep the weight off that you do lose.
if you need any tips you can try to make a look to this website http://www.loseweighthome.ws/

katellawellnesscenter responded:
Hello,don't worry it isn't too hard to lose weight , you need to update your daily activity as well as daily meals ,yo need daily regular exercise and morning walk to loose your weight and gives a better shape to your body,healthy meals are very necessary and avoid fast and junk food as well.

monicajl responded:
Just released last month, the first genetically based weight management body reshaping plan. It's called TR90 by Nu Skin. Transform your body in 90 days. Take before during and after photos , follow the plan, transform your body, enter a chance to win $5000 and all with a money back guarantee . Stop yo yo dieting, control cravings, improve metabolism, LOSE FAT NOT LEAN MUSCLE. The first 15 days use Jumpstart dissolved in water or your favorite beverage. Take 2 Control capsules 2x/day and 1 Fit capsule 3x/day. Calculate your protein daily need and incorporate that into your meal plan. Drink the 2 delicious shakes per day and healthy snack 2 x/day. Exercise 3x/day. Join our support group on Facebook or speak with your up line. We're here to support each other as most of us are on it, whether we have just to tone our bellies or have 200 lbs to lose. While you are losing inches, the AgeLOC Galvanic Body Spa with Shaping Gel, used 3-7x/week and AgeLOC Dermatic Effects moisturizing cream used 2x/day improves sagging skin. Check it out at mjlucas.nsproducts.com

monicajl replied to monicajl's response:
Furthermore, TR90 has an app to monitor your progress. Many of us use the Omron scale to monitor our weight, BMI, body fat, muscle %, rm kcal,and body age. We do this at least every 2 weeks but we get so excited about the results we do it weekly if not before. We have forms to monitor our intake. The more detail, the likely you are to win the $5000. Hope you check this out. mjlucas.nsproducts.com

Helpful Tips

Olive oil versus Canola oilExpert
Both oils contain healthy monounsaturated fats but canola actually has less saturated fat than olive oil. Canola is more versatile for ... More
Was this Helpful?
203 of 248 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.