Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

The Psychological Effects of Extreme Weight Loss
brunosbud posted:
I ran across this article regarding the psychological trauma, post gastric bypass surgery, that patients experience. Read the comments, please. It's devastating.

http://jondav87.hubpages.com/hub/The-Gastric-Bypass-and-Its-Psychological-Effects

When people undergo extreme weight loss, the mental challenges are, for lack of a better term, "intense". No dr. can fully prepare a patient for what's in store for them in the days, weeks and months, ahead. This is something that has never been addressed on this board.

As, John Wooden, the legendary basketball coach, use to say, "If you fail to prepare, then, prepare to fail."

emat3 responded:
Thank you for posting this article. It is a good read and gives much to think about. I would encourage anyone considering this surgery to read it. Preferences?1234567890-=BackspaceTabqwertyuiop[>Returncapslockasdfghjkl;'\shift`zxcvbnm,./shiftEnglishDeutschEspa?olFran?aisItalianoPortugu?s 420 443 441 441 43A 438 439alt altPreferences

Helpful Tips

Olive oil versus Canola oilExpert
Both oils contain healthy monounsaturated fats but canola actually has less saturated fat than olive oil. Canola is more versatile for ... More
Was this Helpful?
197 of 242 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.