Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

I'm taking control
eeyorecrew posted:
Hi. I'm new to this community...so wanted to introduce myself..

I am 6'1.5"/340lbs, down from 380 all time high. Am now three weeks into my new me. You see I'm disabled and before that was a power lifter....when I ended up on opiates for severe pain for 11 years, I went from a solid 240 to 380. Also a type 2 diabetic....and as a result of my disabling military injury have some mental issues like depression and PTSD among others.

Finally they implanted a pain pump in my spine for hand pain (RSD)....and now I actually care enough about life to fix my morbid obesity. So since I know gyms well I joined one that is for beginners. Been exercising five days a week and doing my personalized version of a high protein low carb diet. It is working. I've lost two inches off my belt in three weeks. Yay.

My goal is now 220lbs body weight over a year for a total loss of 120lbs....

Already feeling better with more energy and better mood control.

Also on TRT cuz of the long term opiate use i dealt with. Opiates suck all kinds of good stuff out of your system!

Anyway I discovered the forums here today and just want a little support and accountability.

Will be checking in frequently...

I'm done sitting on my butt and shortening my life span. Time for this old boy to retake control of life.

So there you have it. That's my intro here. In a year things WILL be different for me.

I must thank my wife and my doctor for kicking me in the butt for a looooong time to even make me care again. Well now that I care, changes are going to take place.

I look forward to talking with you all here and sharing my little successes....

Peace to you all.

me

brunosbud responded:
I suggest you document your progress; keep a journal. Although I'm not a vet (thank you for your service, sir), I can relate to many of the things you've mentioned. The body has no memory...Once you've climbed the mountain and recaptured your health, you won't quite recall the dark days of the past. The journal will always remind you where you came from, how far you've come and where you want to go. And, of course, it will be a great resource for future family should they follow in your footsteps...As they say, "Why reinvent the wheel?" Thanks for your post & Good Luck!

Helpful Tips

Afternoon Sleepiness? Eat Protein, not Sugar, to Stay Awake & Shed LBS!Expert
Hi everyone. Want a royal win win? Next time you start feeling like nodding off in the afternoon grab some healthy protein (Greek yogurt, ... More
Was this Helpful?
49 of 50 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.