Skip to content

Announcements

Hit weight loss plateau..stuck here..
Terry72445 posted:
I have LOST 317 pounds so far (3 yrs so far) with steady losses. I have 56 lbs more to lose and have been stuck here for 4 months. I have not added any food (didn't have surgery just eat 1200 cal daily). Work in office and walk a mile or more daily. HELP! . Getting a bit discouraged. Am non-insulin dependent diabetic since losing 1st hundred lbs. Thanks for ANY helpful advice.

brunosbud responded:
Incredible success story, Terry72445; you are to be congratulated! My advice to you is to believe in yourself and take pride in your results. You've achieved 85% of your goal on your own. You're the "Boss of Loss". You should be the one giving advice, not taking it. Just stay patient and keep doing what you're doing. What's your present A1C and fasting blood glucose, may I ask?

abnersmom responded:
Hi Terry, Congrats! You have done something you can be very proud of. Obviously, you can't cut calories or you'd be starving yourself. The only things that I can suggest are increasing exercise to burn more calories and try calorie cycling. I did that and it kept me from hitting any extended plateaus during weigh removal. I, too, restricted myself to 1200 nutritious calories per day, but once a week (usually on the weekend) I would eat 1400 or 1500 calories. Supposedly, it keeps your body from settling into a pattern. i lost 115 lbs. and have now maintained the loss for 1 year.

Helpful Tips

Try out this diet plan.
http://8970cixx8q240i4qh9dpvy1kdy.hop.clickbank.net/?tid=RBC31F More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.