Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Gaining Weight for 21 year old male
An_254183 posted:
Hi,

Iam a 21 year old male.For the last 3 years,there were some issues like neck pain(forward head posture),depression and as the result i did not take care of myself,now im getting better i have been doing regular exercised (almost ) for the neck pain and my mood seems to be elevated when compared to previous situation.

Now let me come to the actual question: i have lost much weight and my current weight is 48 KG,i would like to gain weight in a healthy manner.
Also i cannot do weight training as i have this neck issue(not a problem but better to avoid ).so can you suggest me a proper diet so that i can gain weight.

Thanks

totallywiggedout responded:
Welcome,
Perhaps you should read this and make adjustments to your present intake by increasing lean protein, grains/beans and legumes, and low fat dairy servings. Cut out any unhealthy foods which only give you empty calories and don't help you build lean muscle mass.
snack chips, crackers, sodas and white breads all have high calories and you may think these would be good choices but they are unhealthy choices full of fats, sugars, sodium and artificial additives that won't help your body metabolize nutrients well.

http://stronglifts.com/how-to-gain-weight-for-skinny-guys/

hope this helps
kim
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work --- Thomas Edison

What doesn't kill us makes us stronger---Friedrich Nietzche

Featuring Experts

Known as the "doc who walks the talk", Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP, is an internationally renowned expert and speaker in women's health,...More

Helpful Tips

Just discovered an amazing weight loss aid for someone with a sweet tooth
The biggest struggle I am facing while trying to lose a couple of pounds, is craving to sweets. I recently discovered a wonderful product, ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.