Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

What is the best diet to go on ??
dianepsmith posted:
I have a band and need to lose 30 pounds ... I need some help ... Whats the best diet today ???
FirstPrevious12NextLast

dianepsmith replied to totallywiggedout's response:
I really don't like to have someone question if I thought it threw !! Yes I did think it threw 8 years ago ... thats when I had it and yes its works for me ... I go up 30 and down 30 and this is the way its been since the band which is normal ... I diet my whole like I know their is no miracle cure ! I just wanted to find out people like me that have a band not a by- pass if they found other ways to help !! I need help not sarcasm !! Thank you ..

brunosbud replied to dianepsmith's response:
Dianepsmith, let's say for a moment, that you erred. That the advice, above, wasn't intended to make you angry or insult your intelligent. That it was heartfelt, honest and was borne from years on struggle and frustration just like you...

If that was the case, what did you just do?

An_254212 replied to brunosbud's response:
I tried the hcg diet at officialhcgstore.com and bough the HCG Trimph diet and lost 25lbs in 30 days! It worked well for me. Not going to say it will work for you but I tried it. Thanks.

dianepsmith replied to brunosbud's response:
I am sorry but I am 59 years old ! And I lived with a weight problem my whole life ! And I don't need someone to treat me like a fool !

brunosbud replied to dianepsmith's response:
"...Most people who ask for advice from others have already resolved to act as it pleases them..." Khalil Gibran

Advice is like money. It's only as effective as one's capacity for acceptance and, the people with the greatest capacity seldom need any advice.
[br>

dianepsmith replied to brunosbud's response:
What kind of people are you???

tcb108lady replied to brunosbud's response:
Why R U being mean spirited to this lady who's just asked a simple question looking for some direction to HELP HER LOSE!? That's just not nice.

tcb108lady replied to dianepsmith's response:
Hi! I, too, have fought weight issues all my life - & am in my mid 50's - female. First of all, brunosbud appears to just be a mean spirited person....ignore those!!! FOCUS ON POSITIVE! :} I tried Atkins - only to have bad breath & want to devour any carb I could find. I tried starvation - very bad cuz ur messing up ur metabolism -- I've tried (3xs) the HCG injections & WAS successful BUT, unless you continue to eat less than a house cat, you will unfortunately regain it....save ur $$$! I finally gave my Dr. a shot - I went to him because although he's a MD, he believes in nutrition & supplements & rebalancing the body's systems & hormones! After 3 visits, I'm more energetic, sleep better, take sever ME SPECIFIC vitamins & mineral supplements, & walk 10-20 mins at least 1-2X/day. He suggested following a LOW GLYCEMIC Food plan & its working!! NOT starving, no gimics, a little more activity than I was doing, & cleaner eating (think higher fiber with fresh veggies & fruits, etc.). U can get more info & guidelines on LOW GLYCEMIC eating online! IT CAN"T HURT TO TRY IT! Good Luck!!!

An_254371 replied to tcb108lady's response:
The dr oz hcg diet worked well for me I lost 45lbs in 30 days at https://www.officialhcgstore.com

dianepsmith replied to tcb108lady's response:
Thank you so much ! I think they should be reported ! They made me feel horrible ...

dianepsmith replied to tcb108lady's response:
Thank you ! It's nice to hear from someone who's not judgmental ! What was the name of the doctor that you went to ? Was he in New Jersey ?

brunosbud replied to tcb108lady's response:
You just offered her HCG and you think I'm "mean"?
(http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/weight-loss-controversy-hcg-diet-pt-1 )

Well. diane, good luck on that "nice" solution you've been given and I wish you well.

tcb108lady replied to An_254371's response:
Good for U! I could've saved a lot of $$$ - as I said, I initially list & as soon as u get off of it - even doing The required maintenance - if u don't continue to Eat like a bird - it piles back on! Nope! There ate healthier Ways that actually work better.... A little longer, a little more effort But no shots or new drops for me! Seems u & another r just Here trying to promo hcg.com - aka a sales pitch!!

Helpful Tips

Olive oil versus Canola oilExpert
Both oils contain healthy monounsaturated fats but canola actually has less saturated fat than olive oil. Canola is more versatile for ... More
Was this Helpful?
201 of 246 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.