Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Belly Fat
    fjwhite81 posted:
    I need help. In the past month I have gained alot of weight in my belly. This is where I gain my weight first. I am really paranoid about this because I have always been thin. I have three children. My oldest two I had 11 years ago and was able to shed that weight really quick. My youngest child just turned two. However, right after I had her I lost the baby weight but since then have gained the baby weight plus some back. I hardly have time to do anything because I work and go to school full time. I need any suggestions on how I can lose this weight ASAP. Any suggestions are helpful!!! Thank you Diet Community

brunosbud responded:
    Did you experience any gestational diabetes during your pregnancies? When was the last time you had a 12 hr fasting blood glucose test? If unsure, I suggest you see your doctor and get a complete checkup, first. Second, people who need to lose weight for their livelihood eat "low carb" (ie "Zone" or "Low Glycemic") and get lots of exercise.

fjwhite81 replied to brunosbud's response:
    I didn't experience any gestational diabetes. I haven't had a blood glucose test in over 2 years. I have also noticed that I have gained almost 5 pounds in the last week. But all the weight that I have gained has been in my mid section. I am kind of worried about what this could be. I am not just sitting on my butt and stuffing food in my mouth. I am not as active as I use to be but by no means should I be gaining this much weight.

Helpful Tips

desk tip works
    Hi, when I had a desk job I used to just pick up my legs under the desk as if I was walking up and down the stairs ... and it helps with ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.