Skip to content

Announcements

Belly Fat
fjwhite81 posted:
I need help. In the past month I have gained alot of weight in my belly. This is where I gain my weight first. I am really paranoid about this because I have always been thin. I have three children. My oldest two I had 11 years ago and was able to shed that weight really quick. My youngest child just turned two. However, right after I had her I lost the baby weight but since then have gained the baby weight plus some back. I hardly have time to do anything because I work and go to school full time. I need any suggestions on how I can lose this weight ASAP. Any suggestions are helpful!!! Thank you Diet Community

brunosbud responded:
Did you experience any gestational diabetes during your pregnancies? When was the last time you had a 12 hr fasting blood glucose test? If unsure, I suggest you see your doctor and get a complete checkup, first. Second, people who need to lose weight for their livelihood eat "low carb" (ie "Zone" or "Low Glycemic") and get lots of exercise.

fjwhite81 replied to brunosbud's response:
I didn't experience any gestational diabetes. I haven't had a blood glucose test in over 2 years. I have also noticed that I have gained almost 5 pounds in the last week. But all the weight that I have gained has been in my mid section. I am kind of worried about what this could be. I am not just sitting on my butt and stuffing food in my mouth. I am not as active as I use to be but by no means should I be gaining this much weight.

Helpful Tips

Olive oil versus Canola oilExpert
Both oils contain healthy monounsaturated fats but canola actually has less saturated fat than olive oil. Canola is more versatile for ... More
Was this Helpful?
204 of 249 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.