Skip to content

Announcements

Controlling Carb Intake?
An_255009 posted:
I've been using WebMd to manage my weight and type 2 diabetes. But I have been having a time at not going over the daily allowance of carbohydrate intake of 137. I'm looking for information or suggestions on how to better control it. The same is true for my sodium intake even though I do not add salt to my meals.

alaina79 responded:
What are you eating? Many sources encourage people to eat plenty of whole grains, but if you're looking to get your carbs under control I would cut out wheat altogether. That should make eat easy to stay under 137.

mariajohnson responded:
The low carb, real food based diet involves eating natural, unprocessed foods with a low carbohydrate content. To control carbs intake go for low carbs food like vegetables, fruit, nuts, seeds.

katellawellnesscenter responded:
I think balanced and healthy diet plan can make all the difference to a person is sufficient type 2 diabetes. There nothing as to completely cut the carb intake as they are real source of energy. Complex carbohydrates are considered healthier as they are easily digested and provide steady source of energy. As far Carbohydrate counting is considered you need to contact registered dietitian as they will figure out a carbohydrate counting plan that meets your specific needs.

Helpful Tips

Olive oil versus Canola oilExpert
Both oils contain healthy monounsaturated fats but canola actually has less saturated fat than olive oil. Canola is more versatile for ... More
Was this Helpful?
204 of 249 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.