Skip to content

Announcements

Hi everyone...
nikimartincst posted:
Hey everyone, I'm new here. I am looking to loose roughly 40-50 pounds. I had successfully lost 30 pounds around 2 years ago using the whole adipex diet thing but when I went off the meds, the pounds came back on (and then some!). So this time, I'm trying the old fashion method of exercise and eating right. I could def use all the support I can get. My goal is to start getting involved in the local Color Runs, Foam Runs, and Mud Runs. Wish me luck!
Niki

bwhite1439 responded:
Good Luck Niki! I am also reverting back to the"old fashion" method..lol! I am trying to lose about 75 pounds myself. I have tried many diets and they worked for a while then I wold get bored with it and just give up. I am 42 years old and in much need to lose this weight and get healthy! We are going in the right direction! Yay Us! ~Barbara

raymoose responded:
low cals it works look and read and run you be fine ..

nikimartincst replied to bwhite1439's response:
I have decided not to do a diet and not to really listen to anyone 100%. I have to figure out what is going to work for me. I am attempting to change the entire way I eat because honestly, that's the only way for me to loose weight and KEEP it off. I have lost 3 pounds so far. I have only been to the gym twice in the past two weeks but in my defense, we keep having snow and ice which in Alabama is almost unheard of and shuts everything down. I have cut waaaay down on my sodas (from 6 full cans a day to 1-2 small 90 calorie cans), increased my water (about 6-10 cups a day) and attempted to eliminate all fried food (though I slip up about once every few days). Last night I was SOOO bad and ate a thickburger from Hardee's and fries but I'm not going to beat myself up over it because there will be times that happens. I just have to use that as motivation to keep moving forward. Good luck to us both, Barbara!!
~Niki~

brunosbud replied to nikimartincst's response:
Man, I was counting on 100% control...but, Good Luck, Niki, just the same.

PS: Metabolically speaking, your body only requires more movement and physical exertion throughout the day to heal, itself, and burn off excess fat stores. It's only the weak minded that feel compelled to attach a word to that: "exercise". There are countless ways and, therefore, infinite "opportunities" to satisfy the requirement to move more. Successful people tend to think outside the box. In other words, ice and snow are "opportunities" to smart people. Same, applies to dirty toilets and microwaves.

nikimartincst replied to brunosbud's response:
I did walk about a mile in the snow and it was up a hill and down the other side (because my car got stuck, lol).

lhorne10 replied to nikimartincst's response:
Hi Niki, I'm trying to loose 30 pounds doing the same thing...just calorie control and working out. Everyone knows it works. For me the hard part is not eating sweets. GOOD LUCK TO YOU!

mariajohnson responded:
Hey niki, calorie control and working out really works. Just be regular in it.

Helpful Tips

Try out this diet plan.
http://8970cixx8q240i4qh9dpvy1kdy.hop.clickbank.net/?tid=RBC31F More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.