Skip to content

Announcements

Is Aspartame Good For Health?
jacobedward02 posted:
Aspartame has been used in the United States since the early 1980s. It is now found in thousands of different food products. Aspartame is commonly used as a tabletop sweetener, as a sweetener in prepared foods and beverages, and in recipes that do not require too much heating (since heat breaks down aspartame). What you people prefer Aspartame or sugar. Give your suggestions aspartame vs sugar .

brunosbud responded:
People with weight issues all abuse sugar. 70% consume soda or diet soda, daily. That's why they're here. They prefer (and defend) both!

mariajohnson responded:
Aspartame is a non-calorie artificial sweetener which may cause diabetes, fibromyalgia and certain forms of cancer.

glenda1951 replied to brunosbud's response:
do you know what you are talking about or are you guessing

brunosbud replied to glenda1951's response:
There are three types of people who visit this board. People looking to make money. People with real problems in need of real solutions. And, people with answers trying to help. Hi activity (aka, exercise) and fueling through fats breaks the Hi carb/Hi sugar energy pathway that makes hunger a constant companion.

Best case, sugar substitutes like aspartame, do nothing but make you more hungry. Worst case? (http://www.neontommy.com/news/2013/05/health-risks-exist-artificial-sweeteners)

Think I'm "guessing", glenda1951?

hathor7 replied to brunosbud's response:
Aspartame turns to formaldehyde as soon as it reaches body temperatures. A scientific fact is that autopsies that were done on high-use aspartame users were preserved in an unbelievable fashion...
Plain sugar is FAR less dangerous than aspartame.

sunlitcbreeze replied to mariajohnson's response:
As a diabetic that has suffered from fibromyalgia years before I gave up real sugar and switched to aspartame, This statement is not true. although, I will say it does not help either condition. I believe in my case it creates cravings that are difficult to deal with and I have read studies that it causes muscles and joints to swell and be very painful. But it does not cause either condition.

Helpful Tips

Olive oil versus Canola oilExpert
Both oils contain healthy monounsaturated fats but canola actually has less saturated fat than olive oil. Canola is more versatile for ... More
Was this Helpful?
203 of 248 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.