Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

coffee
An_255607 posted:
I have got to go on a diet I am very overweight I DONT wasn't to give up my coffee is that ok ?

brunosbud responded:
Of course...as long as it's black.

hathor7 responded:
I don't see how coffee could hurt you... I try to get a good grade of coffee...organic, if I can... and I also add a half teaspoon of coconut oil to each cup of coffee... it is soothing to your stomach...cuts the acidity.

atti_editor responded:
As long as you aren't talking about fancy coffees with heavy creams, whipped topping, etc, then you should be fine with your morning cup of coffee. Black coffee is calorie-free and studies have shown that moderate consumption has some health benefits. If you don't like it black, adding a little skim milk and a small amount of sweetener will only raise the calorie count a little. You might want to look through this slideshow on the best and worst beverages for weight loss.

Best wishes,
Atti

mariajohnson responded:
Coffee is good, but you should drink coffee within a hour before you workout. Your coffee shouldn't have a whole lot of extra added calories from creams & sugar.

rachel1408 replied to mariajohnson's response:
Why not a coffee before a workout? I thought it was a stimulant and a fat burner. I also drink my coffee black with a teaspoon of coconut oil. The diet I follow allows coffee in moderation.

Helpful Tips

sugar subs
I consaltated my allergy cookbook for this one.Alternative sweeteners include :honey,maple syrup,date sugar,fruit ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.