Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Struggling
marybethg posted:
Hi There
I am a 67 year old female who is struggling to even lose a pound. I am trying to follow the Blue Zone Diet. However because I can't seem to find many recipes on it just the foods that they eat I am struggling. Perhaps it is portion control. This past week I added some nuts to my plan only to get on the scales this morning and see that I was down .4 lbs, yes a drop, but I would be happier if I could drop atleast a lb a week...This week coming I may opt out of having nuts. I only have 1/4 cup at a time...I eat little meat usually on weekends and very little red meat. I do however enjoy yogurt and I know that is not on the Blue Zone plan, so I have now started to eat low fat Keifer which is quite delicious when you add fruit to it.
Any suggestions to help me I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks.

mariajohnson responded:
Well I would suggest you to have fruits as many as you can and drink plenty of water. This truly works. Give it a try!

marybethg replied to mariajohnson's response:
Hi,
So fruits are the key? How many fruits a day? I generally have a smoothie in the morning with a 1/2 a cup or a cup of frozen fruits or a a banana...then in the evening with my kefir I have perhaps an apple or frozen blueberries or mixed berries atleast a cup...guess I need more.
I struggle to get water in me in our cold wintery weather. However I have been putting 1/4 tsp of Himalayan salt in a 32 oz of water and that is much easier to get down. I know I am supposed to drink 64 oz of water a day. I will definitely try harder as as you say drink more water...
Thanks for your input.
I never really used the community site on WebMD...

brunosbud responded:
Do you notice how the vast majority of discussions on diet boards center on food? Proper food is critical, I agree, so you need to make good decisions, every time. But, food, alone, won't do the job. You need to integrate movement into your day. Movement. Not "exercise". Movement.

Every weight loss story that lasted, involved a significant increase in metabolism. This is why food is only half the equation. Sitting kills, everybody!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDhXJGZJJd4

Helpful Tips

Olive oil versus Canola oilExpert
Both oils contain healthy monounsaturated fats but canola actually has less saturated fat than olive oil. Canola is more versatile for ... More
Was this Helpful?
199 of 244 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.