Skip to content

Announcements

Willing to try again, trying to find my way back to good health
An_256189 posted:
I am currently 35-40 pounds overweight. I am finding it very difficult to manage food choices on my own. I am really hoping that the discussion portion of this program will motivate me. I find it heard to reach out but I feel I must. Nothing else has worked in a long time.

atti_editor responded:
Hello and thank you for posting!

I think that it's great you are reaching out for help -- a good support system is important on any weight loss journey. Do you any kind of food journal or app to track what you are eating? You might try our Food & Fitness Planner, where you can record what you eat and create a personalized weight loss plan for yourself by answering a few questions. This article explains what to look for on food labels to choose foods that will help you lose weight and avoid the ones that will stall your weight loss. You might also be interested in this article that gives 10 tips to help you stay motivated .

You can also search for some healthy recipes that will get you excited about choosing healthy foods in our Food & Recipes Center .

If you have any more specific questions, are looking for certain tips or just want some support/to share your journey, please don't hesitate to post.

I hope that you will keep us updated on your progress!

Best wishes,
Atti

marsher replied to atti_editor's response:
An,
I am working on losing weight also. I want you the know this weightloss system they have on WebMD is terriffic! I weight in and get my weight on the site and it will give me how many calories I should use only to reduce with or without exercise. I also use the food log. I put in my menu that I make each day. If you eat Lean Cuisine or other prepared frozen foods they have them listed on site. Wonderful! I just start to type in and they come up. I pick what is closest to my meal I can and use it for the calorie count. I do same for every food. It tallies my total and compares to what I should be eating. Love it! I dont use the fitness site but they have one. Try it and good luck.

Helpful Tips

Olive oil versus Canola oilExpert
Both oils contain healthy monounsaturated fats but canola actually has less saturated fat than olive oil. Canola is more versatile for ... More
Was this Helpful?
204 of 249 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.