Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

stuck! not losing weight in the virgen diet!
adelide9 posted:
Me and my mom have been on this diet for a little over 2 weeks and have not lost a single pound. we cant figure out what is wrong here. we follow the diet as close as is possible! whats wrong??

atti_editor responded:
Hi adelide9,

Losing weight can certainly be a challenge, but these tips on losing weight the healthy way might help jump start yours and your mom's weight loss. It might be that the constraints or principles of the diet you are trying are not working for your body -- practicing healthy habits and lifestyle changes instead of dieting is oftentimes more effective, especially for long-term weight loss. This article has some good tips on how to lose weight without dieting.

Have you added, continued or ramped up your exercise routine to try to help speed up your weight loss? Exercise and staying active are very important parts of losing weight. Also, here are some things to avoid when you are trying to lose weight.

I hope that you find something that works for you, and that you keep us up-to-date on how you are doing!

Best wishes,
Atti

marsher replied to atti_editor's response:
I have been sitting at my same weight for a year -that is, down 50 pounds - and not gone down more that I want. I finally took the plunge and startd to reduce without exercise. I know that is not a good answer but I want Adele to know that working on the diet calorie numbers alone can help you reduce. I have a bad hip to replace and DR said not util I am down 80 pounds! I have hard time exercising.I was hanging in there at like 1400 calories a day thingI would continue to lose and afraid to plunge. Finally it hit me I can eat less at night and still be ok to sleep. I was afraid to go to bed hungry. But a night or two and it was not a problem.I reduced my intake to what I think was 1200 calories a day. I stopped feeling hungry and couldnot eat as much as I would before. I used to eat 3 loaded tacos for dinner . Now I can only eat 2. One has to be very good at counting the calories and dont cheat by adding more or new foods. Just a little bit can screw the numbers up. I plan to keep going down 30 more pounds. MA

An_256404 replied to marsher's response:
Before you get a joint replacement try physical therapy at a sports medicine place. I had a bad knee for a year and I did physical therapy and it got better. My old knee is just fine. People do not want to do a few simple exercises first. my friend had the same thing I had but she had a doctor that got her a knee replacement and she has had a lot of trouble.

Helpful Tips

How to Decrease Your AppetiteExpert
Let's say you've already had a healthy balanced meal so that you're not hungry (hunger is a physical phenomenon and tells the body "I ... More
Was this Helpful?
274 of 339 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.