Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Newbie!
sun2alon posted:
Hoping this site will motivate me. My biggest hurdles will be to exercise daily and to not drink. I don't drink to excess but I drink daily (2 glasses of wine or beer) and as I get older it just goes straight to my waist. I had set a goal last year to be jogging by now but got sick over the holidays and now I just feel like I'm so behind and starting over. It's depressing but I'm excited to be in this community and hope I can stick with it this time. I need a life change!

Take the Poll

What is your diet hurdle?
  • Don't exercise enough
  • Alcohol
  • Sweets
  • Junk Food
  • Combination of things
vote
View Poll Results

holdingat47 responded:
I never had much of a weight problem until I quit smoking!! However, I have been maintaining the same weight for several years. Definitely not the weight I want to be!! I drink too many diet cokes and I'm trying to stop that bad habit. Exercise is also a pain. I quit smoking about ten years ago and I still can't catch my breath when I try to jog. Maybe I give up too easy. It is so hard doing this on my own but I know if I can quit the nasty cigarette habit I can do this also!! I'm hoping this site will motivate me also!

christacharm responded:
I'm new on here, too! I put weight on after a herniated disc in my spine and end of a relationship (blah, blah, blah). I actually started working a few months ago as the office manager of several Planet Fitness gyms in my state, so I have a wonder support group. But it's slow going. Not sure if it's my age (38) or what. Very frustrating. Good luck and hopefully we can all jump these hurdles together!

Helpful Tips

Afternoon Sleepiness? Eat Protein, not Sugar, to Stay Awake & Shed LBS!Expert
Hi everyone. Want a royal win win? Next time you start feeling like nodding off in the afternoon grab some healthy protein (Greek yogurt, ... More
Was this Helpful?
49 of 50 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.