Skip to content

Announcements

Weight Loss
IMB72 posted:
I have been diagnosed pre-diabetic (which is a warning sign) and I have lost 10 lbs. I am having a hard time developing menus that will help me stay on my path. I eat vegetables, fruit and protein, but I am an emotional eater. It gets me in trouble.

I really want to lose weight, but not be on a diet, but eat healthy. I have trouble tracking what I eat. Does anyone have any ideas to help me stay with recording food.

brunosbud responded:
It appears your trouble is not "tracking". Your problem is preventing your hand from putting bad food into your oral cavity. Everyone with a weight problem has difficulty controlling that "impulse". Myself, included...

My solution? Don't try to control it. I eat 80% fresh, whole foods then chase them with a few chips, a few cookies, a little pasta and, occasionally, mashed potatoes. According to the latest studies, seven servings of fruits and vegetables per day. Not seven servings of white starches, donuts, snickers and dollar meals from Del Taco. You eat seven servings of fruits and vegetables/day, walk 45 minutes, daily, (take the kids and dog with you) and make sleep the most important thing in your life, for now, you will lose weight and reduce your A1C, guaranteed (assuming you're Type 2, not, T1). I can't make it any simpler than that.

atti_editor responded:
Hi IMB72,

Our Food & Recipes Center has content on everything from great brown-bag lunch ideas for grown ups to the secrets of portion control. It also features our Healthy Recipe Finder , which you can use to make menus based on diet preferences, main ingredients, cooking methods and more. I think that your plan to lose weight by making lifestyle changes instead of following a fad diet is a great one. This article has some great information and suggestions for losing weight without fad diets that you may find interesting.

This article on emotional eating and weight loss has information that you may find helpful, as well as these articles about 9 foods to help you lose weight and 5 food synergy secrets for weight loss .

Finally, our Food & Fitness Planner is a good place to start recording your food and exercise. Please keep us updated on how you are doing reaching your goals

Best wishes,
Atti

mariajohnson responded:
I have found this site. You can check it out, hope it helps you.
http://www.rd.com/health/diet-weight-loss/2-day-diabetes-diet-what-to-eat-to-lose-weight/

unknownsharma responded:
Hey,

Instead of trying Allopathy for Diabities etc., the Homeopathy will provide the medicines extract from nature.

PLease try the below link which was very helpful for me.

http://dr.nambisons.com/2013/05/30/how-to-take-medicine/

mariatz responded:
IMB72,
You do not need to punish yourself to lose that extra weight. Be gentle on yourself, start slowly, aim realistically, adopt healthy eating habits and you will be able to lose weight with no-diet. It can be done as long as you are willing to some minor lifestyle changes. Because losing weight very quickly, with all those diets that promise "miracles", is almost certain that the extra weight will return. Hope this article helps you a little. Take care and don't give up!
http://www.alwaysladies.com/forget-the-diet/

Helpful Tips

special k
have been trying the "eat a bowl of special k cereal a day" thing and i hope i see an improvement in my weight. More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.