Skip to content

Announcements

Been eating Greek yogurt, peanut butter, now constipation...
cindigal posted:
I started to eat for the better; buy non-fat Greek yogurt when I shop (quart of it). I will buy frozen fruit and make smoothie with yogurt almost every morning. My goal is to cut alot of carbs in my diet and I used to eat cereal in the morning and I look labels all the time and most cereals have lot of carbs, even the fiber rich ones. I have noticed that with cutting on some carbs and eating yogurt, peanut butter or nuts I am constipated. Once in a awhile I have to take gentle laxative on night time so I will go the next day. I also taking more water, I keep a gallon of water in the fridge and drink with my water bottle, I refill it a few times a day, so I thought it (water) would regulate me no matter what. I took two laxatives last and I did have relief this morning, but.....only one time. I am drinking more water so i will go alot more but it hasn't happened. Should I back off on the yogurt, peanut butter, and or nuts for a while.

cindigal

keirad responded:
I eat a small bowl of oatmeal (not the instant variety) every morning which consist of low glycemic carbs and are also are a good source of fiber which keeps me regular. Your body needs 14 grams of fiber for every 1000 calories you consume. You can boost your fiber intake by adding fruit and nuts to your oatmeal or yogurt. I personally love to add blueberries and pecans. Eating whole nuts is better than peanut butter while I also think since you're on a low carb diet you should eat full-fat greek yogurt. Your body would use the fat for energy and not store it. And it tastes better. I hope this helps.

Helpful Tips

Olive oil versus Canola oilExpert
Both oils contain healthy monounsaturated fats but canola actually has less saturated fat than olive oil. Canola is more versatile for ... More
Was this Helpful?
204 of 249 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.