Skip to content

Announcements

Weight Gain After Stopping Meds
An_258675 posted:
I just lost 60 lbs and reached my weight goals. I am 65 yr old male at 156 pounds.

I was taken off meds for blood pressure, triglycerides, cholesterol and diabetes after the last physical 2 weeks ago. I also started CoQ10 at that time.

Since then I have gained 8 lbs in spite of keeping on a 1200 to 1500 cal diet and running 5 times a week (15 miles a week or so.)

My Fitbit scales show that my body fat percent went from 18% 2 weeks ago at 156 and 16% now at 166 lbs.

Should I be concerned? Hopefully this will stabilize soon and not go any higher. I am continuing to consume 1200 to 1500 calories a day and run and do strength training.

Maybe I have gained 8 lbs of muscle in the last 2 weeks? ;} Can only hope LOL.

Helpful Tips

Olive oil versus Canola oilExpert
Both oils contain healthy monounsaturated fats but canola actually has less saturated fat than olive oil. Canola is more versatile for ... More
Was this Helpful?
203 of 248 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.