Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Diet for Diverticulitis
An_258824 posted:
I just recently was diagnosed with diverticulitis. Anyone have any idea of what you can cant eat on the high fiber diet. And I belong to Retro fitness and like their protein shakes does anyone know if these protein shakes with whey protein are bad for diverticulitis?

brunosbud responded:
Fitness and fiber. Things will only get better if you add more muscle and eat more "roughage" (not "supplements"; leafy greens, fruits, beans). The one outstanding "symptom" of aging that affects every physiology of the body: muscle loss. Why do you think women past the age of 40 require C-sections during child birth? Why do think older men dribble when they pee? What causes the laugh lines around our eyes? Why do you think constipation and acid reflux is so rampant among seniors? Every system in the body works better with muscle.

Like I said, I don't know anything about your condition. But, I know the two things that are good for it. Proper diet and exercise. Because, as we age, we lose muscle and nothing "good" comes with that, I'm afraid. Good luck.

Helpful Tips

Olive oil versus Canola oilExpert
Both oils contain healthy monounsaturated fats but canola actually has less saturated fat than olive oil. Canola is more versatile for ... More
Was this Helpful?
201 of 246 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.