Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Any good ideas for breakfast?
scott5478 posted:
I am looking to work on my health. I have a hard time getting full. Any ideas for a healthy tasty breakfast?

angelbaby62 responded:
Scott,
Try eating Kashi go lean , its very tasty.I eat the Kashi go lean crisp that has the blueberries and cranberries included for a added taste.8 grams of fiber which is also good for the body gives you the extra energy.Kashi cereal will fill you up and give you plenty of energy to start your day.

lasvegasdieter responded:
Always eat a good breakfast. It should be your largest meal. I am on a weight loss plan and I eat an omelet made from 2 eggs, 3 mini bell peppers, 1 slice of ham and 1 slice cheese; 1 light & fit yogurt, and a piece of fruit. Sometimes if I am super hungry I will leave the fruit til another meal and add 1 cup of Kashi Go Lean with 1/2 c 1% fat milk. You can tweak this by changing the omelet ingredients to the veggies, meat and cheese you like. You can have oatmeal instead of Kashi. If you are not dieting you could even keep the fruit that I leave until lunch when I have cereal. People seem to think eggs aren't filling, but they are pure protein and that is filling. And eggs aren't considered bad for your cholesterol any more.

candacemore responded:
As someone on a very restricted diet that does not allow dairy or carbs, I feel your pain. Breakfast is the hardest meal for me! I do have a couple favorites, though. One is a big skillet of sauteed vegetables (squash, onions, potatoes, mushrooms, peppers) topped by an egg or two. The other is huevos rancheros, which is basically a couple corn tortillas topped by red or green chile sauce, sliced green onions and a couple eggs. With a side of black beans or refried beans, this is a very filling meal. Hope these ideas are helpful.

hickory_mama responded:
I cannot eat a large breakfast first thing in the morning, and I have found that a yogurt and an apple are light enough to not make me feel nauseous, yet filling enough to keep me satisfied all the way until lunch time. It seems like so little, but it lasts as long as a big heavy egg breakfast for me. Try it and see! : )

Helpful Tips

MOVE Program
If you are a Military Veteran, check out the VA MOVE program. It involved 6 short meetings with lots of information and discussion. I went ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.