Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

2 tips for weight loss
Anon_77886 posted:
Tip 1: Eat a healthy sized portion of vegetables BEFORE you eat your meal. I guess this is the idea of having a salad first, but I think it works better with heartier vegetables. Today I unintentionally ate a bowl of steamed broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots with pepper before I ate my lunch. When I ate the proper lunch, I could only get through half of my usual portion.

Tip 2: Stay busy! I have been so busy lately that I don't THINK about food as much as usual. I don't think about food until my stomach feels a dire need to eat. (You just need to be aware of not overeating when you do get the chance). When you are really consumed in what you do and/or are doing things that excite you, you won't feel as much of a need for a food treat. Your activities are your treat.

Doing things that really engage the mind will have the same effect. For example, If I am playing an online game of scrabble - I don't find myself thinking, "hmmmm, a bowl of ice cream would be good right now" the way I would if I was just watching tv. When my mind is really engaged in something - my mind is NOT on food!

Perhaps that will work for you too!
Was this Helpful?
7 of 8 found this helpful

jean4u responded:
Really good tips!

Thanks.

Helpful Tips

Olive oil versus Canola oilExpert
Both oils contain healthy monounsaturated fats but canola actually has less saturated fat than olive oil. Canola is more versatile for ... More
Was this Helpful?
199 of 244 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.