Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Tasty lowfat item
Anon_77886 posted:
Irene introduced me to a healthier peanut butter!

http://www.betternpeanutbutter.com/index.php

I was stocking up for hurricane and the food store was almost completely out of peanut butter. I found this, Better'n, on the shelf and now I love it.

It's fresh peanut butter. They claim to have only 100 claories and 2 grams of fat for 2 tablesoons (half the calories of regular). I love peanut butter and even though many diets say you can have it in moderation, I find the calories just add too much to my daily intake. But at 50 calories for 1 tablespoon this works. What a treat!
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

jis4judy responded:
what are the ingredients on it 's label?
I buy healthy peanut butter that has just peanuts on the label a trace of salt but it has 95 cals per tablespoon
I would like to know how they reduced the calories and fat they had to add something else ..
Hugs Judy:)
Sw 247 Cw 153ish

remember the gold isn;t in the prize it is in the journey!
life may not be the party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance!

evergreen62 responded:
I'll stay with my Natty PB as well. Even though it's twice the calories, it's just peanuts and salt, meaning it has a good blend of protein, fiber, and healthy fats...all which is good for satiety. Look at the label on Better'n , the 2nd ingredient is tapioca syrup, followed by cane syrup, rice syrup, refined flour, starch, etc.

Protein: Natural PB: 8g; Better'n 4g
Carbs: Natural PB 5g; Better'n 13g

Basically, Better'n has taken out the healthy stuff and replaced it with cheap carbs, which only begats cravings for more cheap carbs.

Helpful Tips

Afternoon Sleepiness? Eat Protein, not Sugar, to Stay Awake & Shed LBS!Expert
Hi everyone. Want a royal win win? Next time you start feeling like nodding off in the afternoon grab some healthy protein (Greek yogurt, ... More
Was this Helpful?
49 of 50 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.