Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Allergies
An_242266 posted:
Please help if anyone has any answers, I am an Female Adult age 45, I have OAS and severe Food Allergies! There are very few foods I can eat, esp. Fruits & Veges, I do better eating early on and get progressively worse as the day goes on. I have lost over 10lbs and very few foods that I can eat. I get bumps on my tongue, sort of Hives like. Been tested for everything under the sun, but very healthy except for the Food Allergies an OAS, I live in the Dessert. I do go to a very Good Allergist and he said Shots will not help me. I am allergic to Grass and sometime of Ragweed for outdoor Allergies. I just canceled my Appt. at Mayo, I really don't think they can help and have spoken to a few people who have gone there. I have to take Allergra, Singular & Predisone as needed, but seems like I need Predisone more and more just to be comfortable eating. I am going to a local ENT for a 2nd opinion who also treats Allergies even though I am very happy with my Doc. Just confused how I could get this ill. Any Suggestions?
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Helpful Tips

Afternoon Sleepiness? Eat Protein, not Sugar, to Stay Awake & Shed LBS!Expert
Hi everyone. Want a royal win win? Next time you start feeling like nodding off in the afternoon grab some healthy protein (Greek yogurt, ... More
Was this Helpful?
50 of 51 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.