Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

My opinion
An_246176 posted:
I am 53 and a grandmother going through menopause. I gained over 40 lbs in the past 3 or 4 years for no apparent reason. I have tried all the low carb diets. My husband lost weight, not me.

My daughter and her husband found out about the Paleo lifestyle from going to Crossfit. My daughter needed to loose weight after having their second child. My daughter is now back to her high school weight when she was heavily involved in sports.

So, I had to try it. I have already lost almost 10 lbs. My Dr. says one pound a week is all she wants me to loose. It is a combination of diet and lots of exercise, especially weight training. I now work out 7 days a week for at least 45 minutes. The Paleo diet is based on our Paleolithic ancestors. Here is a great paper from Professor Loren Cordain exploring how to build a modern Paleo diet: The nutritional characteristics of a contemporary diet based upon Paleolithic food groups . This paper also offers significant insight as to the amounts and ratios of protein, carbohydrate and fat in the ancestral diet.

Also, a good resource is http://robbwolf.com/what-is-the-paleo-diet/

It has worked for me.
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Thank you for sharing - congratulations on your weight loss - you must be proud of your daughter too!

Haylen

Helpful Tips

Olive oil versus Canola oilExpert
Both oils contain healthy monounsaturated fats but canola actually has less saturated fat than olive oil. Canola is more versatile for ... More
Was this Helpful?
199 of 244 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.