Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Hello Everyone,
An_242752 posted:
I am new to this and I want to lose at least 20 more lbs. I am going to tell you all a little about myself. I am weighing 174 now at first I was weighing 196 before I went to the doctor so he ended up putting me on these diet pills called PHENTERMINE HCL 30 MG and they does work. By having kids and working from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. its kind of hard because my schedule is so crazy. I just can't get on a meal and exercise plan I would love some good advice to help me through my goals to lose 20 lbs.

hsilber77 responded:
While you're at work you should try running up and down the stairs as opposed to taking an elevator if you're not on the first floor. You will burn more calories than you think just by doing that! Also try on Sundays packing some lunches in advance to take to work for the week. I do this with my schedule (which is also crazy!) and it really helps. By having my lunch and snacks with me I'm less likely to eat out or snack on unhealthy things. Hope this helps! You can do it!

Carter02 replied to hsilber77's response:
Thanks for the advice.

An_242962 responded:
Hello, I am new to this too. I found my life schedule to be like yours a few months back too. I started out in September. I got motivated because my husband who is into working out got me a membership at a new gym in our city. I have 3 kids, I work 8:30 to 5:30. Right after work I usually went to the grocery store and then pick up my son at 6:30 from his practice Monday through Thursday. I am a faithful watcher of the Biggest Loser so I started following the diet plan. I eat a bowl of oatmeal or bran cereal with fat free milk in the morning while getting my kids ready for school and me to work. I eat a fruit at about 10am. I have a lunch like a healthy sandwich (Subway) or a salad, tuna with crackers, or anything else that isnt too high in calories. I eat a healthy snack in the mid afternoon and then have dinner at home. Dinner is usually chicken, lean beef, or ground turkey with lots of veggetables. I was addicted to cokes and now indulge myself with a small thin glass of with about a 100 calorie serving of coke. I started drinking more water (I couldnt stand water before). It took time to change my eating habits but it helped. I work out Saturdays at the gym on wieghts, treadmill and stepper for an hour and a half. Weekdays, I dont have too much time but I still go work out for the hour between when I get off work and pick up my son from his practice. Although I wish I had more time, I have lost 20 pounds since September. I still plan to lose 20 more pounds. If I could do it, so can you. You have to be committed and ready to change. The Food and Fitness Planner on this site has really helped me out too. I feel like I am in control of what I eat. Its a great feeling.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am looking forward to losing 15 pounds and keeping them off for the rest of my life. My real goal is to *not* become a diabetic, which happened to m...More

Helpful Tips

Easy Weight Loss Tip
Make half of every plate fruits or vegetables. Eat them first, drink a large glass of water and wait a few minutes. Then eat the rest of ... More
Was this Helpful?
52 of 59 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.