Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
weight loss
shebasmom13 posted:
So far i have lost 4 pounds in my first week of actual exercise and eating right using the web md food and fitness planner it has helped me so much with paying attention to what i eat i try to not stress eat i just think about how i want to be healthier and fit into my bathing suit for summer without any wardrobe malfunctions this year i weighed 180 down to 176 i have a feeling i will be losing more weight this week than last week but also i am not too worried about the weight i just want to be healthy and toned up
FirstPrevious12NextLast

shebasmom13 responded:
I lost 1 pound last week I feel a little discouraged but I know its because I did not exercise as much as I could and should have this week I will be trying harder

shebasmom13 responded:
no weight loss this week i am sad but i know its because i did not exercise enough and eat right every day like i should have but this week i am trying harder like today i exercised in my room instead of just walking at the track for 1 to 3 miles

An_240941 replied to shebasmom13's response:
How many calories are you eating?

shebasmom13 replied to An_240941's response:
I am allowed 1860 per day but i usually eat between 1500 and 1700 some days almost 1860 but never over. Why are you asking how much calories i eat per day is it too much or too little i weigh 172 right now i am 5 feet 5 inches 26 female i work 5 to 8 hours a day standing and food preparation and cleaning some nights i walk 1 to 3 miles at a brisk pace do some stability ball exercises a few times a week

I asked because if you didn't lessen your caloric intake from the recommended 2000 calorie daily diet you wont loose weight. If you don't exercise you can still loose weight, but it depends on if you drop your caloric intake enough. You still need a good amount of calories when you work out, because your burning calories when you work out, but you still need to lessen it from 2000. That's why I asked, I'm no pro but this is what I've been told by others & what works for me. But I see you have lessened it & you work out, but if you're not loosing then you may want to consider dropping it more. Not too mention that if you're toning your body then muscle weighs more than fat, so you may not see an extensive drop on the scale. It all just kind of depends on your program & even what kind of calories you're taking in. Like if your only eating 1500 calories, but they are empty calories, then you're not get good nutritional value out of your food intake. Or if you drink a lot of sodas & juices vs water...that's a lot of calories added on at the end of the day. Anyway your posts just said small or no weight loss & seemed like you where disappointed, so I wanted to respond & see what kind of plan you're working with for your weight loss journey that's all.

shebasmom13 replied to shebasmom13's response:
weigh 168 now i am happy but i am stuck in a plateau i need to exercise more than i am i feel so stressed and tired from work i dont want to go to gym after work just home to relax i need more motivation this is the second week of me weighing 168 i want to be down to 160 before march 26th or april 1st my clothes are a smaller size now so i threw all bigger size clothes away that way i dont go back to them i feel more confident in every thing i do i just dont feel as happy since i am not losing weight but maybe its muscle

no soda only water and the occasional 15 calorie per seving minute maid light i eat lean cuisines healthy choice meals healthy waffles and more fruits and vegetables i just need to exercise more to lose the weight i just lack the motivation

derainey1 replied to shebasmom13's response:
Don't be discouraged, I only lost 1 pound myself this week, but I know this is because I just added strength training to my all-cardio workout schedule. I most likely gained some muscle, and I am fine with that. Just feel assured that you will be less likely to gain it back.

shebasmom13 replied to derainey1's response:
next week i am going to start going to the gym to try out new classes to see which ones i like to stick to a funner exercise regimen instead of getting bored or comfortable with my exercise schedule i weighed my self and i weigh 165 so i feel more accomplished and excited to go to gym again

Try yoga. It's amazing. It's so relaxing, it improves your flexibility, it helps relieve some types of pain, and it works muscles you never realized you had.

yoga sounds fun at my gym they have classes i should check the times and go to them if my schedule allows it like today i am going to the belly dancing class after work

Belly dancing is great! It really works your abs & it's fun & sexy! I really hope you enjoy it. I do yoga at home with my 3 yr old daughter. She loves it & my 1yr old is even getting her warrior poses down pretty well, but my 3 yr old like cobra pose the best.

did not go to the belly dance class due to a few issues but next tuesday i am taking the class hopefully but this week i have gone to gym and worked out i believe twice and i have been exercising at home on the non gym days i am feeling more happy and today i started taking hydroxycut so i feel like my weight loss will be a little more easier and challenging because i am not allowed snacking in between meals and i have to take the pills 30 minutes before i eat so now i have to plan my meals better which should be fun yoga sounds fun i am thinking about taking the yoga class at the gym when the class is not during my working time i hope your weight loss journey is going well

RoseLynn02 replied to shebasmom13's response:
I'm at 144lbs right now (146 on my bloated period days). I'd like to get down to 125-130, but my hubby said that's too skinny. He is all for supporting my weight loss & if I decide to go for that weight he will support it, but he thinks it will be too unhealthy & I'll loose my big butt he says. I know he is actually more concerned with me getting to an unhealthy skinny weight because of my past issues of anorexia. I still struggle with not feeling "skinny" when I look in the mirror no matter how small I get, but now as an adult I'm more aware of my issue & have better control over it....I think. I'm trying to loose my post pregnancy weight from our 2 daughters. I was 125 prior to having them & then 168 after the 2nd daughters birth. Anyhow I think a more healthy & reasonable goal weight for me is 135. I promised my husband I wouldn't try going lower than that until after I reached that weight & maintained it long enough to fully decide if I was satisfied with my figure at that weight. His opinion is that it's my body so it's ultimately up to me, but he wants me to be smart enough to keep in mind my mental issues with my physical appearance so that I make healthier choices.

Anyhow, I'm sorry you weren't able to get to your belly dancing class. I hope you can make the next one. I think you would like yoga. I thought about taking hydroxycut,but my husband says it pretty much pure ephedrine & that's the base of meth....so I think I'd rather do it on my own anyway. This way I'm making life style changes that become permanent. That's great that you are finding time to work out at home when you're not going to the gym.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have always been a healthy weight & kept pretty active. Didn't really get into the whole diet thing however last year I gained 20lbs and cou...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Clubs-All of them!
Dieting Club: 10 - 25 Lbs Exchange Dieting Club: 25 - 50 Lbs Exchange Dieting Club: 50 - 100 Lbs Exchange Dieting Club: 100+ ... More
Was this Helpful?
26 of 38 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.