Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Slacking on fitness!
An_243130 posted:
Hello everyone my name is shelly im 22 yrs old and well lets just say my current relationship has gotten well "comfortable" haha. When our relationship started i was working as a personal assistant flying here and there and always had a morning routine of cardio and weights equaling to about an hour and a half or two hours in total. I ate right and stayed away from all those empty calories. Now its been about 5 months since i got a closer job to home working 6 days a week and my fiance usually ends his day at night so we have fallen into the "Lets grab some food after work routine" and my slimmer 150 lb self is now gone up 20lbs to a 170 im about 5'7 so I dont look huge but all my muscle tone is loss and well Im not liking it.I have love handles now and i just want my fit body back by summer! So for about two weeks i have been mix and matching workout dvds some p90x & slim in 6 , I also have a treadmil and weights at home so I try to use those as well but I keep craving those "BAD" foods . I eat very well during the day but once I get home my cravings kick in and I see my fiance eating a donut and that doesnt help much.ANywho just posting a little about myself and Ill keep ya posted on any results !

Tomato05 responded:
It sounds as if you're doing well again with all the exercise - keep it up.

The diet aspect is a bit more tricky, but just ignore those donuts and head for the healthy items, keeping in mind at all times the "summer body" you crave more than the bad foods.

derainey1 responded:
I can totally relate to you and I was feeling the exact same way before I began dieting a month ago. I have been a person who worked out at least 3-4 times a week and kept track of my diet, and I the same height as you, so it falls in the "right" places, but I prefer to be toned. What helps me watch my food intake is counting calories. I use the "My Fitness Pal" app on my iPhone and it allows 1,200 calories a day, but and you are allowed more calories based on how much you work out. So that way, when you get home and you crave those bad foods, you can stay focused because you know that you don't have enough calories left.

Spotlight: Member Stories

August 2011 I was at a point in my life that i was ready to accept the extra weight i was gaining. Metabolism slows down with age. Exercise is difficu...More

Helpful Tips

Buddy System
Over the past 2 yrs. I have lost 37 lbs. I had a buddy, my first cousin. We'd both been blessed with the same genes! Had it not been for a ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.