Skip to content
Again yo-yo.
An_243637 posted:
Here I am again with the same 5-10 lbs... i lose and start to feel great and then eat like a horse for 3 days and gain it back. What oh what is wrong with me... ever since I quit smoking 2 years ago, its the same old story... Need strong suggestions. Does this old 65 body need to maintain at 172 or what??? Is this my set point, forever to be a big size and look like a linebacker in my clothes...

Tomato05 responded:
It's a common problem, and all I can suggest is a slow "coaching" process: retraining the brain basically. Think of it as the same way as learning any other new skill - starting small, stumbling along the way, but continue to look for ways to improve all the time. Progress, even very slowly, is the key.

No, you're not bound to be stuck at your weight for ever! On the main dieting board a 72-year old wrote to say she is losing weight (she's lost a lot so far already), so it is perfectly possible.

sharep47 replied to Tomato05's response:
Thank you Tomato! The encouragement was awesome and I will hold onto it!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hey all weight loss is a bear!!!! I went through a terrible separation and divorce about 3 years ago and after having gained a lot of weight unhappily...More

Helpful Tips

Tips to reduce weight
1. Indulge in fat releasing foods like honey, eggs, shrimp. 2. Drink a total of 64 ounces of water at regular intervals in a day. 3. Eat ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.