Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Exercising but now gaining?
lexygirl18 posted:
I'm 18 years old, when I was like 16, I was very overweight, then I started to change my diet and started to exercise. I've lost over 90 pounds, and stayed at a consistent 125 pounds, but now it seems like I'm gaining weight. The scale says 130 but I haven't changed my diet or anything. I eat about 1,500 calories a day and I work out every single day. I started taking up a lot of cardio and pilates and I'm not quite sure if this is muscle I'm gaining or if my body is telling me that I'm not receiving enough calories. I drink plenty of water, some green tea and I sleep. I have 6 small, well balanced meals a day and I'm just curious what everybody thinks.

shebasmom13 responded:
if you dont feel heavier you are more than likely gaining muscle or your weight is just fluctuating it has happened to me before on numerous occasions during my healthier lifestyle

lexygirl18 replied to shebasmom13's response:
oh ok, thank you so much for the advice!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Im pregnant with my second baby and due in a little less than 3 weeks. I cant wait to get this baby wait off! I hope the baby weight will come off eas...More

Helpful Tips

Weight loss coffee
I just started using a new gourmet instant coffee that helps reduce appetite, eliminate cravings, reduce portion sizes, decrease stored ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.