Skip to content
emotional eating
medicaldave84 posted:
my biggest problem is stress eating. I am a 27 year old guy who's been stuck, i can't seem to find out the root cause of the stress eating. i have tried some things to reduce stress, but working in the healthcare field is tough, and trying to be healthy is even tougher...

redheaded50 responded:
I'm an emotional eater also. After a stressful day, I eat all evening. It really hurts my dieting efforts. Do you have helpful hints????

shebasmom13 replied to redheaded50's response:
try something relaxing to you such as shower tv walking or petting a animal playing a video game talking out the stress to a friend or loved one

3point14 responded:
My vote goes for distraction, too. Find something else as an outlet for your stress, perhaps even exercise. Next time you're thinking about eating when you're stressing, go for a brisk five minute walk instead.

I've found that after taking the healthy initiative and going for a walk, the last thing I want to do it weigh down my stomach with comfort foods.

Best of luck!

chevygirl00 responded:
I have the same stress eating struggle and I also work in the medical field which does make things harder sometimes. I completely understand and am trying to find easy type solutions : )

jennie_white responded:
you really need to find the way how to get rid of your stress, but if you couldn't find.. you can eat healthy snacks such as fruits and vegetables. some of dark chocolate might help, too. see more at "Jennie's Diet-How"

Spotlight: Member Stories

Mother of 4 teenage girls, one heading off to college :) three still home. Love life and living the dream, but need to get happy/back in shape.

Helpful Tips

Easy Weight Loss Tip
Make half of every plate fruits or vegetables. Eat them first, drink a large glass of water and wait a few minutes. Then eat the rest of ... More
Was this Helpful?
52 of 59 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.